Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,000 miles

Some pix of our ride today; had to turn around at about mile 7 because of the landslide that must have happened last winter - blocked the fire road completely!E68F727F-5829-4AEB-B06C-44F7C1327628.jpeg6C1A4745-DD91-4667-BB45-04179042DCA6.jpeg14922039-F358-4108-B79E-36D737F3EDAE.jpeg

23870566-F34C-40FD-B68E-48A8EF40C2B4.jpeg

I think we also set a record for amount of fresh bear scat seen over the course of 14 miles ... and at least one big cougar turd.

Did about 30 miles on the greenway in Raleigh on Saturday. Neuss River Trail. Never crossed a road. 
tell me about this trail...are they cinder or paved?  I come your way often and would bring my bike for that type of mileage...we have a few trails around here but they tend to cross roads along the way

tell me about this trail...are they cinder or paved?  I come your way often and would bring my bike for that type of mileage...we have a few trails around here but they tend to cross roads along the way
Neuse River Trail. Paved, mostly flat. Start at the damn and follows the Neuse River downstream. We did 15 and back, but the trail goes on further downstream. 

Talk about saddle soreness ... 30 miles on the flat would do me in! When I'm riding single track, 2/3 of the time I'm off the saddle ... and for our adventure rides on ebikes, it's usually a long climb followed by a long descent out of the saddle. So kudos to you (and your bum). 

Neuse River Trail. Paved, mostly flat. Start at the damn and follows the Neuse River downstream. We did 15 and back, but the trail goes on further downstream. 
awesome!  I was wondering if my road bike would work or if I need my mountain bike...paved is the ticket lol!

Talk about saddle soreness ... 30 miles on the flat would do me in! When I'm riding single track, 2/3 of the time I'm off the saddle ... and for our adventure rides on ebikes, it's usually a long climb followed by a long descent out of the saddle. So kudos to you (and your bum). 
see man I am just the opposite...my back starts to kill me on single track rides b/c I am standing up almost the entire time...I look forward to the climbs lol just to get saddle time...I can sit on my road bike for hours without too much pain but then again I wear bike bis with pretty good chamois...I don't get too sore...but I also ride a peloton 5-6 times per week and those rides are 100% in the saddle (I don't do the normal spinning type rides as I do the longer endurance style)

see man I am just the opposite...my back starts to kill me on single track rides b/c I am standing up almost the entire time...I look forward to the climbs lol just to get saddle time...I can sit on my road bike for hours without too much pain but then again I wear bike bis with pretty good chamois...I don't get too sore...but I also ride a peloton 5-6 times per week and those rides are 100% in the saddle (I don't do the normal spinning type rides as I do the longer endurance style)
I hear you about your back, too!! It all starts to hurt after a while, lol

There are some occasional small hills to get you out of the saddle. But it's no mountains that's for sure.

Damn dude...that's awesome.  Good job!
My longest ride in many years. I used to ride a bunch many years ago. But my neighbor has been reeling me back into it. felt good to get out there. 

53 miles in heat is rough if you aren't super hydrated for days going into it....were you on the trail?  Road bike I presume?
It was on roads. It wasn't bad to start. Around 75. e finished around noon and the last hour you could definitely feel the heat. Especially once the pavement arms up and radiates back to you. Y

On vacation on the Central Coast of Oregon and found a nice punchy loop of single track to session - two downhills, one flowy and one more technical, with a pair of long climbs to get back to the top. Good workout! About 7 miles per loop.

On vacation on the Central Coast of Oregon and found a nice punchy loop of single track to session - two downhills, one flowy and one more technical, with a pair of long climbs to get back to the top. Good workout! About 7 miles per loop.
7 miles on a moutain trail is a long way lol...I remember when I first went after being solely a road cyclist I was shocked at how short/hard it was!  Sounds like you had a good spot!

7 miles on a moutain trail is a long way lol...I remember when I first went after being solely a road cyclist I was shocked at how short/hard it was!  Sounds like you had a good spot!
Totally lol … I measure my rides in periods of terror survived and climbs that I didn’t quit on.

E4323BD4-369E-43DB-BE7B-CF9CE93F5C46.jpeg