Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,000 miles

Yeah, that's kind of my "fear", the unexpected stops.  I can see myself now on a steep climb, grinding to a gradual stop...and the toppling over in slow motion.

Pondering today how I am nearing 500 miles on my mountain bike this summer (pedal bike, not ebike) and how much time and effort that took me - then I think of Blitzy hitting 12k and I'm like ...

200.gif

Pondering today how I am nearing 500 miles on my mountain bike this summer (pedal bike, not ebike) and how much time and effort that took me - then I think of Blitzy hitting 12k and I'm like ...

Mtn bike miles =/= road bike miles. There is not a direct correlation (due to terrain and conditions on both mtn. and road). But My guess is that 1 mile on single track is about 3-4 miles on the road, as far as effort). 

I went out today and did 24 on the road bike. First good ride since I had Covid. Was good to get out and ride again. i am so ready for fall weather. 10 days until October and it's still close to 90 and humid around here. 

Mtn bike miles =/= road bike miles. There is not a direct correlation (due to terrain and conditions on both mtn. and road). But My guess is that 1 mile on single track is about 3-4 miles on the road, as far as effort). 

I went out today and did 24 on the road bike. First good ride since I had Covid. Was good to get out and ride again. i am so ready for fall weather. 10 days until October and it's still close to 90 and humid around here. 
Oh no doubt. But still. We had our first really big fall storm come through Friday through today, so I went out Thursday and went for my longest single-track ride of the summer - almost 13 miles, that ended in a big climb over the mountain then downhill to home … and I was THRASHED. Absolutely done. But it felt good to be able to get it done.

061621B1-12DD-42EF-9328-C019058ACA9C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Well yeah but it took over 6 years... :i_am_so_happy:

I tried. Got bored to tears and gave it away.
Yeah I can't do them either. I have done spin classes for 30-45 minutes and those are OK. But does not beat riding on the open road. But just by myself on a trainer I will get bored and tired in 10 minutes. Same with running on a treadmill. 

I have a stationary bike that I ride on occasion if the weather is bad and it's sheer torture to get even 10 miles on it.  Weird.

I am just trying to get more zen about getting wet, tbh. Getting better kit to allow me to stay dry(ish).

Nasty spill today on the single track. operator error as always. May have to take the weekend off but the weather looks horrid anyway.

Nasty spill today on the single track. operator error as always. May have to take the weekend off but the weather looks horrid anyway.
If you ride enough you're going to have some spills.  I've had probably half a dozen nasties.

What an absolutely gorgeous day for bike riding in the Midlands, I got in a 17.2 mile ride.

Amazing day for a ride yesterday - 12 long miles of up and down, but it was glorious.

3C1E0759-2720-49C3-8A8C-7691C8DA0C15.jpeg