Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,000 miles

I think we would CC.  I will keep researching too.  It's just hard because while there are tons of bike shops out here in CO, not many have knowledge or info on these types of bikes because it's not what they sell.  Maybe I will just get her a used big wheel.  Those were fun to ride back in the day. :)

I think we would CC.  I will keep researching too.  It's just hard because while there are tons of bike shops out here in CO, not many have knowledge or info on these types of bikes because it's not what they sell.  Maybe I will just get her a used big wheel.  Those were fun to ride back in the day. :)
Might be fun going down hill, not so sure about up them. 

I used to love trying to do the spin skid stop on those things.

I have been looking for a bike for the wife.  She has a Ataxia - progressive neurological condition affects balance, coordinate and the like.  I am looking for a some type of trike - some I have found are really big and heavy looking and I am looking for something more lightweight and portable.  I don't expect many people or any for that matter to have any advice, but since this was a bike thread, thought I would check.  I just started looking online to find info, so I am at the beginning stages.  We just want to find some outdoor activity she can do.  We do go outside and use her wheelchair and often take our huskies, but she wants to do more than sit on her ass while I push and the huskies pull. :)

Example of what I have found.

https://www.rehabmart.com/product/amtryke-recumbent-foot-cycle-jt2000-41108.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsADJ3kjnK8t7sTuf91BJiNJ5GcKVPjRKzmRfLhvNhyMwZsNzTgmlXII8A3BQaAgv8EALw_wcB

Any suggestions or knowledge is welcome.  Totally understand if no one has any info as this is a strange request.
Brew: An ebike might be a great fit for her because of its ability to assist her effort:

https://electricbikereview.com/bunch-bikes/the-coupe/

Thanks Swayin'.  That's great it has 3 wheels because she needs that for sure.  I can sit in the front with the dogs while she pedals us around.

I have been looking for a bike for the wife.  She has a Ataxia - progressive neurological condition affects balance, coordinate and the like.  I am looking for a some type of trike - some I have found are really big and heavy looking and I am looking for something more lightweight and portable.  I don't expect many people or any for that matter to have any advice, but since this was a bike thread, thought I would check.  I just started looking online to find info, so I am at the beginning stages.  We just want to find some outdoor activity she can do.  We do go outside and use her wheelchair and often take our huskies, but she wants to do more than sit on her ass while I push and the huskies pull. :)

Example of what I have found.

https://www.rehabmart.com/product/amtryke-recumbent-foot-cycle-jt2000-41108.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsADJ3kjnK8t7sTuf91BJiNJ5GcKVPjRKzmRfLhvNhyMwZsNzTgmlXII8A3BQaAgv8EALw_wcB

Any suggestions or knowledge is welcome.  Totally understand if no one has any info as this is a strange request.
Homebrewcock, there is a small company in Fletcher, NC (South Asheville) that builds and designs trikes for people with physical disabilities (foot pedal, hand pedal, electric and various combinations.  Might be worth talking to them to design one around her capabilities. https://outriderusa.com/

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and information on the bike for my wife.  Greatly appreciated.

One more from yesterday. That's Mount Baker looming over the ridge, elev. 10,500 or so. Farthest north of the Cascade volcanoes; next one to the south is Glacier Peak, then Rainier, St. Helens, Adams, Hood and on into southern Oregon. Also note bear spray in panniers!

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1000 foot climb on a mountain bike is no joke...great ride!
No doubt. When I get to that bench I am sitting on in those pix, I really feel the pain of getting there, but also the "internal attaboy" of just making it there to begin with. I'm also tracking my rides on Strava so I can push myself to get better times to the top.

No doubt. When I get to that bench I am sitting on in those pix, I really feel the pain of getting there, but also the "internal attaboy" of just making it there to begin with. I'm also tracking my rides on Strava so I can push myself to get better times to the top.
Nice job, Swayin...just sayin.