Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,000 miles

Ok, "acoustic" because it's non-electric, or is there some other inside biker reference that this biped simply doesn't get?

Ok, "acoustic" because it's non-electric, or is there some other inside biker reference that this biped simply doesn't get?
You got it! I have an e-mountainbike that I take on long ridge rides and climbs into the Cascade foothills on fire roads - usually 15 or 20 miles per ride with half of that usually a long climb. My acoustic bike is for our local trail network of single track. Two very different kinds of rides and bikes.

Naw, too cold, expensive, windy and too granola... 
Winters can be long and gray, no doubt. But I've lived out here for 25 years now and would never live anyplace else. The quality of life is just too good. Great schools for my kids, love my city, clean air, mountains, islands, ocean, BC is only 20 miles away, halfway between Seattle and Vancouver, we're a college town ... just love it. Doesn't mean your points aren't valid, for you! I get it.

Winters can be long and gray, no doubt. But I've lived out here for 25 years now and would never live anyplace else. The quality of life is just too good. Great schools for my kids, love my city, clean air, mountains, islands, ocean, BC is only 20 miles away, halfway between Seattle and Vancouver, we're a college town ... just love it. Doesn't mean your points aren't valid, for you! I get it.
I still order coffee from the roastary in Oak Harbor.

I have been looking for a bike for the wife.  She has a Ataxia - progressive neurological condition affects balance, coordinate and the like.  I am looking for a some type of trike - some I have found are really big and heavy looking and I am looking for something more lightweight and portable.  I don't expect many people or any for that matter to have any advice, but since this was a bike thread, thought I would check.  I just started looking online to find info, so I am at the beginning stages.  We just want to find some outdoor activity she can do.  We do go outside and use her wheelchair and often take our huskies, but she wants to do more than sit on her ass while I push and the huskies pull. :)

Example of what I have found.

https://www.rehabmart.com/product/amtryke-recumbent-foot-cycle-jt2000-41108.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsADJ3kjnK8t7sTuf91BJiNJ5GcKVPjRKzmRfLhvNhyMwZsNzTgmlXII8A3BQaAgv8EALw_wcB

Any suggestions or knowledge is welcome.  Totally understand if no one has any info as this is a strange request.

I have been looking for a bike for the wife.  She has a Ataxia - progressive neurological condition affects balance, coordinate and the like.  I am looking for a some type of trike - some I have found are really big and heavy looking and I am looking for something more lightweight and portable.  I don't expect many people or any for that matter to have any advice, but since this was a bike thread, thought I would check.  I just started looking online to find info, so I am at the beginning stages.  We just want to find some outdoor activity she can do.  We do go outside and use her wheelchair and often take our huskies, but she wants to do more than sit on her ass while I push and the huskies pull. :)

Example of what I have found.

https://www.rehabmart.com/product/amtryke-recumbent-foot-cycle-jt2000-41108.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsADJ3kjnK8t7sTuf91BJiNJ5GcKVPjRKzmRfLhvNhyMwZsNzTgmlXII8A3BQaAgv8EALw_wcB

Any suggestions or knowledge is welcome.  Totally understand if no one has any info as this is a strange request.
I've seen smaller recumbent bikes, not sure if you will sacrifice stability by increasing portability.