Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New coach coaching staff

I've seen a good bit of scuttle about Garrett Riley. The DC names have been all over the place, but Jon Heacock comes up a good bit.

I have heard this, too.  I’ve also heard Charlie Strong as DC. Not sure how I feel about that.

This is great with all the chatter  looks like it's Beamer's job to loose in the interview,  I just hope whoever it is  they get it done with someone who can relate to the players, that looks and feels like Beamer, he is tied to all the high schools in the southeast and some up north I think he could take the program to the next level, just might be that guy S.C. has been looking for to run the program.    I like Chadwell as well he could as well be the next great coach, who knows . I know both have said they would love to be in Columbia and that should mean something.  There is too much noise I think S.C.  Get's it done sooner than we think . Oklahoma probably won't be in the playoffs so that could be the key.

Will be completely dependent on who gets chosen as HC IMO. All about relationships.

The real problem is the A.D. at U.S.C.   then the other issues are the booster club wants to tell the head coach how to run program , need someone to clean house in Columbia, when they get the job , Radio people TOMMY ETC NEEDS TO BE GONE, MAYBE THE PREISDENT AT S.C. CAN SEE IT AND GET SOMETHING DONE.  Boosters think they are GOD, as long as we let this go on all they  want to do is eat chicken and drink  in parking lots, Joe Morrison said it best they don't know how to win at Carolina. 

Who Would you like to see brought in, or who have you heard may be considered?

I’ve heard that Garrett Riley for OC.

Jay Bateman or Bud Foster for DC.

Connor Shaw would be retained.

Other than that, I don’t know.  I would hope Des Kitchings would be retained, as others have mentioned in other threads. 

Who Would you like to see brought in, or who have you heard may be considered?

I’ve heard that Garrett Riley for OC.

Jay Bateman or Bud Foster for DC.

Connor Shaw would be retained.

Other than that, I don’t know.  I would hope Des Kitchings would be retained, as others have mentioned in other threads. 
Bateman is currently the co-DC at UNC ... would he come?

https://goheels.com/staff-directory/jay-bateman/3087

For Beamer the position coach he will need talented coordinator's. So who ever they go after, Tanner and company are they willing to spend the money get it done? I see some post already claiming  winning season.  Do not want to put a damper here but with no receivers no defense backs and who will leave VI the portal along with a very poor recruiting for the most part. All these problems together spell another long season or 2 ahead. So if the can fix what we all know is staring down on us, just keep it real. He is not daddy like spurier jr, Skip Holts and all the Bowden's. Keep it real. Hope for the best, hope it all works out. Remember Taters are sucking in all the talent instate and nation wide. Lot's to overcome. Hope we all are not here in 2 to 3 years doing this again. . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard a bit ago that Beamer has interviews with Garret Riley and Brian Johnson set. I do not know this first hand, just through the grapevine.