Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New coach coaching staff

Right now have no ideal who will be OC and DC plus position coaches beyond the two they are keeping. Beamer is very tight lip here. I like it. Keep it out of the media get these guys behind close doors. Works better when keep secret. 

The exciting thing to me, is if you listen to Coach Beamer's press conference yesterday on recruiting, he stated that the initial list that he presented to Tanner and Caslen of potential coaching staff targets included 3 names for each position (an A, B and C) choice.  And all of those were still available as of yesterday and play -- and that was before talking and interviewing current position coaches and receiving all the messages of interest sent to him by other coaches once his hire was announced.  Some of the people on his list, Beamer said, were still in line for possibly Big Six bowl games -- and out of respect for their situation he wanted to be fair to them.  So there might not be an announcement until after the bowl games.

The exciting thing to me, is if you listen to Coach Beamer's press conference yesterday on recruiting, he stated that the initial list that he presented to Tanner and Caslen of potential coaching staff targets included 3 names for each position (an A, B and C) choice.  And all of those were still available as of yesterday and play -- and that was before talking and interviewing current position coaches and receiving all the messages of interest sent to him by other coaches once his hire was announced.  Some of the people on his list, Beamer said, were still in line for possibly Big Six bowl games -- and out of respect for their situation he wanted to be fair to them.  So there might not be an announcement until after the bowl games.
That excites me too. I really think that teams rise or die on their OC/DC decisions in the modern college football landscape. An innovative OC with a competent QB can really elevate the image of an organization and bring in positive publicity that lead to recruiting successes. The news that our A options are still on the table AND other options are reaching out speaks volumes to both Beamer as a person and the willingness of our board to do whatever it takes to bring in a stellar staff. I hope it turns into successes.

I hope that both the OC and DC are named as soon as their seasons are completed. We need to get some recruiting momentum for this class!

Hearing from some places that Bobo will be the run game OC and Riley will be passing game OC. 
So who calls the RPOs? 

tenor.gif