Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Bright Spots Thread

Parker White. 
Mr Perfect on the season.  White is automatic right now.

Also - I think the OL for the most part played more physically than they have.  More pulling guards and moving folks off the ball.  Our backs, overall took what was given and hit the holes instead of dancing or tiptoeing to the line.  Looks to be better coaching on both parts there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.  About 7-10 days ago.
I remember seeing post where he joined the practice squad. Didn't realize he got activated.

Thanks. I actually had the game on last night and watched the first half, though I was not really paying much attention to it. If I realized he was on playing, I would have paid more attention.

I did not realize that Hemingway graded out at 85.6 on 10 snaps Saturday.  I see now why Muschamp said he will get more playing time. Let’s hope he can play that well with more snaps.

Glad we didn't play down to the level of competition. 41-7 Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt could not get a hand on Kevin Harris most of the afternoon and he should some speed.

Colin Hill managed a good game and spread the ball around to receivers who actually caught some balls this week. Hill had two rushing TDs.

I don't have any complaints about Mike Bobo's selection of plays through three games (my problems and worry is that poor clock management may show up at points throughout the season).

1ST win of the season.

Glad we didn't play down to the level of competition. 41-7 Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt could not get a hand on Kevin Harris most of the afternoon and he should some speed.

Colin Hill managed a good game and spread the ball around to receivers who actually caught some balls this week. Hill had two rushing TDs.

I don't have any complaints about Mike Bobo's selection of plays through three games (my problems and worry is that poor clock management may show up at points throughout the season).

1ST win of the season.
Hill is the best QB we have had in a while.  Callin' his own number with the QB sneaks and such creates respect and momentum.  We haven't really had that kinda stuff since Connor Shaw, who coincidentally is on our staff this year.

His influence on our QBs going forward will be a quiet game-changer for us, just like it was during his playing time here.

Hill is the best QB we have had in a while.  Callin' his own number with the QB sneaks and such creates respect and momentum.  We haven't really had that kinda stuff since Connor Shaw, who coincidentally is on our staff this year.

His influence on our QBs going forward will be a quiet game-changer for us, just like it was during his playing time here.
His success on the field will mean that we don’t have to rush the development of Hilinski and Doty. They have time to learn in practices and digest the full playbook without the pressure of being the starting qb. While either may be serviceable now, the time to learn could be critical for our future

Dak on the reverse.  I hope we see him with the ball in his hands more.  Hill with the block downfield that allowed him to score.  Great leadership from Hill.

Last year our #1 running back was Tavien Feaster in terms of carries as he totaled 124 carries (or 10 carries per games). We had 393 carries as a team in 2019, or 32 per game.

through three contest this year, our leading runningback in terms of carries is Kevin Harris with 56 (or 18 carries per game). We are up to 37 rushing attempts per game so far.

kevin Harris is second in the league in rushing yard total and he is fifth in the league in yards per carry. 

Last night I watched Notre Dame handle FSU with the same shovel pass plays Bobo has installed here.

I feel like we have an offense that finally is mimicking the schematics of other successful programs.

It's still one game at a time, but it's good to sense our offense finally has some "oomph" to it.

Last year our #1 running back was Tavien Feaster in terms of carries as he totaled 124 carries (or 10 carries per games). We had 393 carries as a team in 2019, or 32 per game.

through three contest this year, our leading runningback in terms of carries is Kevin Harris with 56 (or 18 carries per game). We are up to 37 rushing attempts per game so far.

kevin Harris is second in the league in rushing yard total and he is fifth in the league in yards per carry. 

Can you imagine the 1-2 punch of Lloydd and Harris.  Would be a potent combo.  I am pulling for Fenwick, he seems like he can be a solid #2 

I think it had to take a couple of games for Bobo, Hill, and the receivers to get used to playing with each other and gel.  It seems like it has been that way every year, but it really has never come together in the regular seasons before this one, which is one of the reasons why Muschamp is on the hot seat.

We're are still one game at a time, but I will also say the same thing is happening with the defense as well.

I didn't watch the game live Saturday, but listened to the 4th quarter on the radio.  So I finally watched the WatchESPN replay yesterday.  We finally made Vandy look like the crappy team they have become under Derek Mason.

Watched again a little this morning.  The hit Burch put on the kick return guy was special.  Also saw this morning where Mr. Harris hit almost 22mph on that long run.  That big man can roll.  Reminds me a little of Mike Davis in build and speed.  Also heard Brooks is cleared to play now.  Oh and Ernest Jones is a beast.  Surprised by some of the names near the top of this list.   http://www.cfbstats.com/2020/team/648/tackle/index.html  Engabore having a good year.  Leads the team in sacks with 3 

Yeah, I think Mason is gone. Good guy (like Boom) but Vandy is a tough place to win.

I think we have talent on offense, but it will take time to gel. Muse, Leggett, Joyner and Doty will all do some good things this year, but they need to get comfortable with Hill - remember that we did not have as much practice time this year, and no warm-up games.
In hindsight, I think the limited practice time may have cost us the UT game.   UF's defensive weaknesses got exposed by TAMU this past weekend.

Derek is a Vandy alumnus IIRC and undoubtedly has a good relationship with the school despite the poor overall record.

His number of available starters was limited due to the virus rules, so I think they keep him one more season to give him a fair chance.  Complications due to the virus will probably be a legal roadblock to firing coaches this year, excepting any NCAA violations.