Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Bright Spots Thread

GregoryHouse

Administrator
Fanatics Cash
Hey I know our team is not expected to do well in the most important stat of all (the win-loss columns) so I create this thread so that we can mark and talk about some of the good things this team and players do this season.

Pickens looks like he is going to come into his own this year.  Ernest Jones is continuing to get better.  Jammie Robinson has an "it" factor to him that I like.  I did not realize Fenwick can catch the ball and actually has some moves.  

No major injuries.

Hill can spin it and made the throws and decisions throughout the game.

They only converted 1 third down

Parker white was perfect and the leading scorer

Enagbare had a great game - tons of energy

Shi Smith looked and played like a #1 WR.  Could have a huge year.

We used a fullback

No major injuries.

Hill can spin it and made the throws and decisions throughout the game.

They only converted 1 third down

Parker white was perfect and the leading scorer

Enagbare had a great game - tons of energy

Shi Smith looked and played like a #1 WR.  Could have a huge year.

We used a fullback
Thank you.  None of our previous OCs have used blocking backs to make up for deficiencies in the OL and it has driven me nuts.

Enagbare kinda reminded me of Clowney many times in the game.  Let's hope that continues.

Hill kept the offense up-tempo most of the game.  Tempo can really make up for mismatches if you call the right plays.  Usually we do it against OOC opponents okay then it disappears the rest of the season.  I also think the other players respect Hill's courage overcoming the three ACLs and it creates a spark that really hasn't been there the past few seasons.  Shaw used to create the same spark when he played hurt.  You could tell Clowney and Vic Hampton fed off of that stuff.

Parker White has become a really great kicker for us and will win games for us all other things being equal.

Although we lost, the team had an emotional fire against the Vols that we haven't seen too much of the past several years.

I was pleased with Hill's performance. He is accurate and has zip on his passes. I think White, Harris and Fenwick will make a serviceable backfield, more so than I had hoped. I think some of the biggest weaknesses on display (play along both lines and safety run support) are fixable this season with coaching (OL/safety play) and personnel swaps (DL). The offensive game plan looked far more cohesive than at any other time during Muschamp's tenure, and we actually made worthwhile adjustments on the fly, something that was lacking during McClendon's tenure. The way things ended was obviously gut-wrenching/angering, but this was a better first-game performance than I have seen from us in a couple of years. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Puttin' this is the positives because Hill owns his mistake and keeps staying positive in the presser.

Enagbare looks like a player. 

Shi Smith looks like a player. 

Is HIll the leader on offense? Someone needs to be...

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw glimpses of our potential on both offense and defense. The game could have gone either way. It really just came down to who made the most mistakes and unfortunately USC made 1 more than UT.

Shi Smith looked great as did Enagbare.  Colin Hill looked good at QB most of the time.  Parker White is money.

Nobody has mentioned it, but I thought the crowd noise from only officially 15K fans at W-B was pretty good.

Much better than the fan soundtracks we have seen up to now in other games.

Kevin Harris looked very good against florida. Horn, Hill, Burch, Pickens, and Smith continue to be good players. I was fine with the offensive playcalling much of the afternoon. 

I was also glad to see Israel Makuamu play well this week after not playing much last week.

This may be Year 5 for CWM, but it is really Year -2 for our next coach.

I agree on Harris.  He is not shy that is for sure.  Several players played well, we just still shoot ourselves in the foot a lot.  

Harris will be good and once we get the bigger guy back quite  tandem. Fenwick is not bad either.

We must improve game management especially time.

If we had had this offense of consistency and diversity did the last 4 years, we wouldn’t be discussing at all about firing Muschamp.  I’m very interested to see how we do against vandy, Missouri, Kentucky and ole miss.  If you win those 4 and pull one out of the western game, I think you have to feel good about our program.  

Rashad Fenton just clinched the game for the Chiefs with an interception covering Damiere Byrd (who had a nice game). Cool stuff.