Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trivia Thread

Very interesting Swayin.  Will admit I had to google that and won’t spoil it.   While doing that I came across another tidbit which may be obvious.  

Which country has dammed the most rivers?

The East Coast contains two of the world's five oldest rivers, from a geologic perspective. What are they? 
The New River, starting in NC and running north through WVA is one of them. Odlly enough despite the name, it's one of the oldest.

Not sure the other one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Living in WNC, I believe the answer would be French Broad, which by the way is one of two rivers in the U.S. that flows north.

Living in WNC, I believe the answer would be French Broad, which by the way is one of two rivers in the U.S. that flows north.
French Broad. I didn't think about that one. Makes sense - If you think about  it, the Appalachians is one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world, so it makes sense to have some of the oldest rivers.  

Good job on the New River, that is one of them. And not the Shenandoah or French Broad, although one of those is pretty close ...

Good job on the New River, that is one of them. And not the Shenandoah or French Broad, although one of those is pretty close ...
Most of the sources I'm aware of believe the Susquehanna is the third oldest in the U.S..  But I wasn't there when they formed, so I'll defer to you on this one.

I feel like I should know this, as I'm a Scot right down to my toes through and through ... how about a gryphon?