Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Vent Thread

Will be interesting to see how we play against Vandy.  If lose or only win by a little, I think the fans base will explode.

Will be interesting to see how we play against Vandy.  If lose or only win by a little, I think the fans base will explode.
Agreed.  Our tentative nature overall is exemplified in our soft non aggressive defensive style of play, bend don't break or whatever you call it, along with the style of passing "attack" we have where we don't go downfield much and have a low yards per pass avg.  In other words, we give up big plays on D, don't make many on O, and coach to take every second of the play clock.  Very passive team and coaching style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering why we never throw down field.  Is it the OL, WR, QB, Bobo on offense?
I would say it's a little of all that.  Immobile QB, very limited WR group and the offensive style.   There are routes being run down field but we take the slants and dump offs to the backs a ton. 

Should have figured we'd lose this game. Wasn't expecting the offense to be go good for Ole Miss in Kiffin's first year there, no matter how good of a offensive coach he is. While both teams have horrid defense, the Rebels' offense is much better than ours, while we're still sputtering on that side of the ball under Muschamp, and most likely will stay there as long as he's the head coach, which hopefully won't last much further. We sputtered enough on offense to just fall off, while grass blades on the field hampered Ole Miss on offense more than our own defense did.

Muschamp has another of his patented clock management brain-dead moments, with 1:40 left before the half and our offense having some leeway against the Rebel defense, he chooses - as he always does - to play out the clock and get to the lockerroom, instead of at least trying to get to FG range.

This game was one of the 4 wins I was hoping for before the season started. We still have Missouri and Kentucky left, but with the way our defense has disappeared, it wouldn't surprise me if we close out the season with just those 2 wins.....

This game was one of the 4 wins I was hoping for before the season started. We still have Missouri and Kentucky left, but with the way our defense has disappeared, it wouldn't surprise me if we close out the season with just those 2 wins.....
We are now in Brad Scott territory. 

Should have figured we'd lose this game. Wasn't expecting the offense to be go good for Ole Miss in Kiffin's first year there, no matter how good of a offensive coach he is. While both teams have horrid defense, the Rebels' offense is much better than ours, while we're still sputtering on that side of the ball under Muschamp, and most likely will stay there as long as he's the head coach, which hopefully won't last much further. We sputtered enough on offense to just fall off, while grass blades on the field hampered Ole Miss on offense more than our own defense did.

Muschamp has another of his patented clock management brain-dead moments, with 1:40 left before the half and our offense having some leeway against the Rebel defense, he chooses - as he always does - to play out the clock and get to the lockerroom, instead of at least trying to get to FG range.

This in my opinion was the turning point in the game.  All brakes no gas.  

Muschamp doesn’t want to win. Get him out

we might win one more game

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd drive INT, the "sack" that wasn't called and their score before the half really defined this game.  The total defensive breakdown on their 91 yard play will be shown over and over in highlights thanks to Kiffin's clipboard toss.  The game looked for the most part like Kiffin was in the heads of our defensive coaches and players.  We might have gotten pressure on maybe 4 plays the entire game but for the most part our DL was easily handled, again.    

We are now in Brad Scott territory. 
I had season tickets for Brad Scott's last year here.  You are correct.  Except I would say that Scott's fourth quarter capitulations have been replaced by multiple big play explosions from our opponents.

I don't consider Muschamp a defensive guru anymore, much less a head coach.

He can recruit great players.  He just can't coach who he recruits, though.

Tanner essentially bet the farm on Muschamp when no other P5 school would have even thought about it and he paid Tanner back with non-competitive teams.