Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Vent Thread

carolina_corpsman

Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Getting this going early. Lets try to keep the bitching venting in this thread, myself included. 

Now, have at it.

I’m more upset about massive holding calls on UT getting let go than anything with the team.  

O needed to get going more in 1st half but first time in 3-5 years we looked like a legit team. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see Billy Napier as our head coach. His Ragin Cajuns seem to finish the job and win their games. I’m sick of stupid mistakes costing us games over and over. I have been a loyal Muschamp supporter, but we are seriously lacking in fundamentals. 

Meh...I didn't expect to win with "Champ" (lol) ... the offense did better than I expected.  If you had told me before the game that we'd score 27 I would have thought we would win.  UT didn't impress me at all, that's the sad thing.  The Trask kid will probably throw for a thousand yards against us in the swamp next week.  Isn't "Champ" (lol) supposed to be a defensive genius?

2020 vent thread - where to begin? this year has been a bust on so many levels.

As far as the gamecocks go. At this point I'm just happy to be watching some games.

I would like to see Billy Napier as our head coach. His Ragin Cajuns seem to finish the job and win their games. I’m sick of stupid mistakes costing us games over and over. I have been a loyal Muschamp supporter, but we are seriously lacking in fundamentals. 
Never happen, that would take guts and imagination.  We'll keep "Champ" (lol) another 2-3 years and likely hire Les Miles when Kansas fires him.

I wonder if and how seriously we ever went after Mike Leach. He isn't Tanner's type of guy but he wins everywhere and makes it fun for pretty much everyone in doing so.

I saw some good things, but also stupid mistakes. I think the OL has potential.  Shi Smith is a stud, although that end around on 3rd down was a weak effort.  Reach for the first down!  Muse missed a crucial catch although not the best thrown ball.  Dline is small, but fast.  Saw potential there.  Where was Mukuamu?  If he was in the doghouse, very disappointing.  I like Hill, his arm and accuracy, but I wonder if his lack of mobility will be an issue in the SEC.  

There were non calls for holding and PI - not sure what the refs were doing unless there was just an overall attitude to let them play unless blatant. 

The last punt was horrible coaching.  There was no reason to think you could set up a return, so there was zero reason to have any players in the area blocking.  Only the returner should be there and all he could have done anyway was fair catch or not field the ball.  Just plain dumb.....

I honestly think we are a decent, maybe even slightly good team, but as as a Gamecock fan for the past 33 years, there is the typical feeling of the next shoe to drop. This team is welcome to prove that feeling wrong, but getting 5 wins is not looking good.

Remains to be seen how good UT is.  Not sold on them being much better than 5-5.  

In a Covid year, Champ is going to get the benefit of the doubt.  

I saw some good things, but also stupid mistakes. I think the OL has potential.  Shi Smith is a stud, although that end around on 3rd down was a weak effort.  Reach for the first down!  Muse missed a crucial catch although not the best thrown ball.  Dline is small, but fast.  Saw potential there.  Where was Mukuamu?  If he was in the doghouse, very disappointing.  I like Hill, his arm and accuracy, but I wonder if his lack of mobility will be an issue in the SEC.  

There were non calls for holding and PI - not sure what the refs were doing unless there was just an overall attitude to let them play unless blatant. 

The last punt was horrible coaching.  There was no reason to think you could set up a return, so there was zero reason to have any players in the area blocking.  Only the returner should be there and all he could have done anyway was fair catch or not field the ball.  Just plain dumb.....

I honestly think we are a decent, maybe even slightly good team, but as as a Gamecock fan for the past 33 years, there is the typical feeling of the next shoe to drop. This team is welcome to prove that feeling wrong, but getting 5 wins is not looking good.

Remains to be seen how good UT is.  Not sold on them being much better than 5-5.  

We seem to have one of those "touching the ball on a punt" gaffs at least once a year.

It is disappointing.  But it could have been worse, because ut jrs receivers dropped passes and UT QB was off on his passes from time to time. 

ut jr AD Cheated when he coached.  ut jrs fanbase and school has been desperate for success.  So they hired  Coach Pruitt under AD.  They aren't top 10, but because they have lowered their standards to Recruits Who can play well/Great Athletes regardless of their character.

I'm sure those familiar with SC Prep Sports know what and who I am referring to.  A young man being Accused of Domestic Violence on multiple occasions where A firearm was involved at least once. The Domestic Violence Victim threatened to Recant the True Story . We initially recruited this young man, but pulled away from him when the Domestic Violence issues came out

Coach Muschamp and his staff Recruit Kids with Great Character who are Good/Great Athletes or can be developed into great Athletes.

The  player is a great Athlete and played in the game tonight.  He is a standout performer.  ut jr Coach said the player needed to be on the football field regardless. He criticized the Knoxville Police Dept for not immediately turning the player over to Him(utjr Coach).  I don't have any respect for uTjr Program and their Coach.  Win at any cost.

I hate uTjr nearly as much as I do the Taters.  Dabo made exceptions for players who were involved in Domestic Violence issues early in his HC Career.  He can be more selective now after they have built a solid rep of success .One Tater Player literally knocked a young woman down a flight of stairs.  This player didn't even get suspended a game.  He was a starter for the taters. Made me sick to my stomach.

[SIZE= 1.4rem]I do have to say Muschamp and his Staff Recruit Kids with Outstanding Character as well as Athleticism.  Kids that are Great Athletes or can be developed into great Athletes(Kids are Coachable and come from Outstanding Parents and Guardians.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 1.4rem]Our Players gave a valiant effort and were still in the game and had a chance to win.  I do believe unfortunately, ut jr is on the rise.  This is bad for us.  I was hoping we could surpass them. UF is back and GA is as strong as they ever have been under Kirby.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 1.4rem]I had hopes of us maybe beating LSU in Baton Rouge after today's game with Miss State.  LSU can't have a full stadium of Irate Intoxicated fans like in the past.  We probably needed to win today to have a chance to go .500.  I would have been estatic for a 5 - 5 Season and a Bowl Game.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 1.4rem]We are gonna be lucky to win 3 or 4 games. UK is better than we are at this point and its on the Road. It could be a Long Year for Gamecock Football.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 1.4rem]After watching Trask Toss 6 Tds today.  I'm not looking forward to next weeks outcome for our players, Coaches, fanbase and Program.[/SIZE]

It is good to have a place to vent. 

There were some positives, but I was disappointed at times and disgusted at others. 

Hill - who know what we have there. I don't have a problem starting this kid over Hilinski and saw some nice accuracy on the hard passes. Touch passes didn't have much touch, reminding me of Bentley on a couple of wild throws. Next to zero as a running threat and not as much pocket presence as you'd expect from a player of his experience, but then you have to remember he has spent more time rehabbing than starting games. Hope he develops those skills and calms down as the season progresses/drags on. The O line in front of him seems basically awful at pass blocking.

Shi = stud. But we need more options. Shi needs to calm down and show some poise - more leadership and less histrionics.

RB by committee - fresh legs are great and we have good talent but no real leader - are we still auditioning these guys? 

Muku, where are you? Need you in the game to keep Cam Smith off the field.

Defense was completely lost at times. This is getting old. 

Eric Douglas, nice job except pass blocking.

Burch is going to be fun to watch.

This is the bad part. We probably couldn't afford the buyout this year anyways with the loss of revenue. Either way, I want Tanner gone before we make any coaching changes.

Someone besides Tanner needs to hire our next coach. The defense was disappointing to me if Champ is the defensive genius he's touted to be. I like Hill as QB, but I'm also glad we have Hilinski as BU. No one ever said that being a Gamecock was easy...

I didn’t see the game. 

Suprised that Hilinksi wasn’t in the stat line. And more so after reading the comments about Hill.

Figured our O would need help, but didn’t expect to give up so much on D. Score alone I guess the O played decent?

I didn’t see the game. 

Suprised that Hilinksi wasn’t in the stat line. And more so after reading the comments about Hill.

Figured our O would need help, but didn’t expect to give up so much on D. Score alone I guess the O played decent?
As far as the O goes, we don't have a running game. Our o and d lines still sucks as well.

As far as the O goes, we don't have a running game. Our o and d lines still sucks as well.
Yep, O line sucks. TN  spent more time in our backfield than we did. Their penetration was almost instantaneous. Just like the last couple of years, the D would suck for a bunch of plays, then make a good player and jump around celebrating like they just won the Super Bowl. The lack of discipline is astounding. The lack of coaching is astounding. We were behind in the first half and had the ball before halftime and didn’t even try.  We were behind by a TD with approximately 4 minutes left, and went for FG instead of a TD. Both of these are decisions made by coaches, and they both scream indecisiveness and giving up to me. I’m so tired of this crap every year. I don’t expect to win championships every year, but I’d like to know we at least have a shot once in a while.