Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the deal with Shane Beamer?

I am baffled by the support he is receiving; the major claim seems to be " ... but Dabo ..." like hiring untested, unproven assistants is the magical formula to hiring success, and not a lightning in a bottle situation. The other major crutch they are leaning on is "well he's the CEO, he just needs to bring in a great staff;" OK, what incredible young recruiters and coordinators are going to want to come to Carolina and work for a guy in a tough SEC job who has never been a head coach before?

I will support whoever gets hired until they are gone, and have done so since I came to campus in the Morrison years ... but the support for him is truly head scratching.

Not sure how Beamer got to the top of the list. He could be great, but it's a big risk. The only upsides are he'll be cheap and he wants to be here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am baffled by the support he is receiving; the major claim seems to be " ... but Dabo ..." like hiring untested, unproven assistants is the magical formula to hiring success, and not a lightning in a bottle situation. The other major crutch they are leaning on is "well he's the CEO, he just needs to bring in a great staff;" OK, what incredible young recruiters and coordinators are going to want to come to Carolina and work for a guy in a tough SEC job who has never been a head coach before?

I will support whoever gets hired until they are gone, and have done so since I came to campus in the Morrison years ... but the support for him is truly head scratching.
Could not agree more...I've asked for the reasoning...people have tried to come up with stuff...but all you get is he is a great recruiter...grew up in Charleston...once worked here...wants the job...dad is famous...Stephen Garcia thinks it would be a good idea...I simply do not get it.

And as for the Dabo comparison...as I have pointed out...Dabo was with Clemson for 5 years...as part of a pre-season top ten in the country team/system/staff when they gave him a practice run at being the head coach after Bowden was forced out...same system, coaches, players etc...and he went on to become the singular success he has become...unlike anyone ever...literally. 

Shane Beamer has NEVER called a single play of offense or defense as the man in charge...for any team...let alone run an entire program...ever...and I actually like Shane Beamer...do not even sort of get it

Could not agree more...I've asked for the reasoning...people have tried to come up with stuff...but all you get is he is a great recruiter...grew up in Charleston...once worked here...wants the job...dad is famous...Stephen Garcia thinks it would be a good idea...I simply do not get it.

And as for the Dabo comparison...as I have pointed out...Dabo was with Clemson for 5 years...as part of a pre-season top ten in the country team/system/staff when they gave him a practice run at being the head coach after Bowden was forced out...same system, coaches, players etc...and he went on to become the singular success he has become...unlike anyone ever...literally. 

Shane Beamer has NEVER called a single play of offense or defense as the man in charge...for any team...let alone run an entire program...ever...and I actually like Shane Beamer...do not even sort of get it
If it is Beamer I will feel like this:  

Hey, O.K. , Napier wants the job then he needs to be in Columbia ASAP, You're telling people you want to be here, then the crap with coaching the kids out , hey you want it sign for it. It's not going to matter if he finished as conference champion .  This is the problem at U.S.C. TOO many times we just say whenever you're ready, come on and see if you can help us.  The next Coach needs to be like Steve don't worry about what boosters want run the program you're way Muschamp was trying to please all the boosters.   Just win Baby , and the rest takes care of itself.

wasn't beamer involved in the fiasco about receiving game plan information from a radio analyst from Wake Forest?