Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Please Russian people...end this madness.

According to the available data regarding the losses, the Ukrainian-Russian war is already one of the deadliest conflicts in Russian history. Over 360 thousand people have been counted as lost from Moscow's side.

Yep. Why does Putin still have a pulse at this point? It's just crazy, man.

I feel like I've heard that story before, so the War could be over soon and based off reports from Ukraine soldiers a 1000 Russian soldiers were dying a day and over 350,000 are dead... and just as the Ukraine president is requesting another round of 100's of millions of dollars, I believe them this time as no signs of corruption from Ukraine...
If you say are you Russian or do you not want Ukraine to win, the paradox that says I can not support the war in Ukraine and at the same time not support Putin but I would rather not see us pay to see anymore people die because I can't figure out why...

What do you believe Putin does next if he wins in Ukraine?

If the 360K dead troops is an accurate number, he has to fear reprisals and counter-invasion at some point.

However, I do think the West cannot fathom the depth of nationalist fervor Putin as created over the years in Russia.

It's like that OBL letter that made news a while back. While the positive reaction to it from the younger generation freaked people out, you understood how OBL was able to hold his followers together with his words and beliefs.

I still believe a DMZ from the Baltic to the Black Sea is the only way to go. The newer weapons are the equalizer for me. Even with less support from the U.S., I cannot envision anything more the continued stalemate at this point.

I don't think anyone wins in the end but Putin and the Ukrainian elite

Europe is not/can't live without Russian oil and gas and the Ukrainian elite got rich off of the millions laundered in the name of war...

I'm sure it will end soon 🙄 and I'm sure the Russisns blew up the gas line and the dam 🙄
I'm sure we learned all about Russia's military might watching them fight little Ole Ukraine... as if we don't already know there might as they know ours is a nuke based warhead that would obliterate little Ole Ukraine, someone mentioned all this very early in this thread...

The propaganda machine that has fueled the fire won't stop as the efforts to rebuild Ukraine have already started 🙄 but they can win this war...

Pretty good article on the development of high-energy (read: laser) weapons in the U.S. Navy.

The Navy has developed additional laser systems that have been installed on a limited number of surface ships. In 2020, amphibious warship USS Portland (LPD-27) used a high-energy weapon system to down a target drone in the Pacific, USNI News reported at the time.

The Navy has developed Littoral Combat Ships (LCS) with a view toward combat with China around Taiwan and such, but the current threat in the Red Sea is very similar. The only problem is the hybrid drivetrains in those LCS ships have been notoriously unreliable and break down a lot. So there would be a potential for an LCS ship breaking down in-theater and it's crew killed or captured as hostages. That would offset the technical superiority of the LCS warships IMO. True in the Black and Baltic seas as well.

My perception is the LCS ship program was developed during the near 20-year ground war on terror.

I don't think anyone wins in the end but Putin and the Ukrainian elite

Europe is not/can't live without Russian oil and gas and the Ukrainian elite got rich off of the millions laundered in the name of war...

I'm sure it will end soon 🙄 and I'm sure the Russisns blew up the gas line and the dam 🙄
I'm sure we learned all about Russia's military might watching them fight little Ole Ukraine... as if we don't already know there might as they know ours is a nuke based warhead that would obliterate little Ole Ukraine, someone mentioned all this very early in this thread...

The propaganda machine that has fueled the fire won't stop as the efforts to rebuild Ukraine have already started 🙄 but they can win this war...
Did the US not guarantee Ukraine's sovereignty during the Clinton administration when he convinced them to get rid of their nukes?

Yep, I thought I remembered that correctly.

Yeah, Anthony Blinken was a key negotiator in getting it signed... It prohibited the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States from threatening, using military force or economic coercion against Ukraine, Belarus... I'm guessing Biden didn't get that memo. 🤔
It offered no garuntees but only assurances as US lawyers made that clear and Moscow still had operational control over them so technically Ukraine didn't even have them based on most reports...

The folks who worked at that warehouse are free to fight in Ukraine now since they no longer have a place to work.

Wouldn't be surprised if Putin's goons were the ones who torched the warehouse.

Putin signed a new decree last week to allocate funds for the research and registration of Russian property overseas, including that in former territories of the Russian Empire and Soviet Union, Russian state media TASS reported.

The decree, which comes amid Russia’s ongoing invasion of Ukraine, did not specifically mention Alaska, though it caught the attention of military bloggers, who argued Putin was using the decree to declare the 1867 Russian sale of the Last Frontier State to the U.S. is illegal.

How much longer can/will the Russian people put up with this non-sense? I retired from the Army at 46, a large part of my decision making was the fact that at 46 doing the things I needed to do to be a capable soldier was becoming more and more difficult.

Soldering is very physically demanding and is a young man's game. This reeks of utter desperation.

How much longer can/will the Russian people put up with this non-sense? I retired from the Army at 46, a large part of my decision making was the fact that at 46 doing the things I needed to do to be a capable soldier was becoming more and more difficult.

Soldering is very physically demanding and is a young man's game. This reeks of utter desperation.

I can't even imagine being conscripted at 65 let alone 45....I am 46 and there is no way I would be considered remotely useful as a soldier...however I would gladly go in the place of my sons if we got into a war that required a draft (though I am not sure that would be a good trade for a war effort)

70 year old soldiers? WTF?

Hitler sent old men and children to fight in the last year of WW2 in an last act of desperation.

That Tucker Carlson interview gave some insight into the intensity level of the nationalism that Putin embraces.

I assume we'll see another Russian offensive once the good weather arrives in the spring or summer.

The only silver lining is that there will be far fewer Russian goons to terrorize other nations by this time next year.