Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Putin’s playing the long game at this point. Just keep the stalemate going long enough, until the rest of the world looses their political will and / or gets distracted by other issues like Israel / Palestine.

Putin’s playing the long game at this point. Just keep the stalemate going long enough, until the rest of the world looses their political will and / or gets distracted by other issues like Israel / Palestine.
No doubt he doesn't care about lives lost, Ukrainian or Russian.

I just read that the Ukraine and surrounding countries are seeing a huge ramp up in infected wounds resistant to antibiotics, as a result of all of the war related injuries. A lot more cases of antimicrobial resistant cases including fungal resistant strains. Great, this has already been a global issue, so let's just ramp this threat up a few notches.

Well it's Germany, this is a non-story if their record of adherence to NATO GDP military spending requirements are any indication.

They have been forced into this after seeing that the orcs did to Ukraine.
The Luftwaffe has ordered 35 F-35s, which is another big comittment.

Let's just hope Putin isn't stupid enough to underestimate western airpower and start something with NATO.
Hopefully they take a look at what's going on in Gaza and get the message.

Let's just hope Putin isn't stupid enough to underestimate western airpower and start something with NATO.
You would certainly think so. Once again Western (US) weaponry has proved far superior to Russia weaponry on the ground as well as the air.

Yep.

This was never going to end fast and always going to end in diplomacy... not trying to say I told you so but we better secure the border... or I will! How can you walk across a border but have airports like FT Knox? You think we have any accountability of the money sent to Ukraine, think any made its way to Russia? Still think we weakened Putin with this mess?

You would certainly think so. Once again Western (US) weaponry has proved far superior to Russia weaponry on the ground as well as the air.
And the Russo-Ukrainian war has given the west a full view of exactly what those Ruskie air defenses are capable of, while the Ruskies have learned very little of what western air power can do.
Those expensive/complicated S-300 & S-400 systems are lethal, but also hard to replace once they've been destroyed.

Those expensive/complicated S-300 & S-400 systems are lethal, but also hard to replace once they've been destroyed.
Well we better start cranking out the munitions, because I suspect that China will be acting on Taiwan a lot sooner than we are prepared for. And honestly, I don't that Biden will honor our historical commitments.

Great article on Ukrainian maritime drones, known as Uncrewed Surface Vessels (USVs).

Also, a British maritime contractor has assisted in the conversion of 2 mine countermeasure ships that were transferred to the Ukrainian Navy from the British Navy.

The Nimitz-class carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) has completed its one-year overhaul and refueling period and has returned to active sea service.

This means 10 of our 11 fleet carriers are in active service. Only the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) remains in overhaul at a shipyard.

This is a good thing.