Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muschamp and Bobo

I thought I was alone in the wilderness thinking Bobo needed a valet and a barber. Also someone to teach him how to shave. Me old school clean shave guy however, neat beards cool. I know he has had some health problems in the past and am not looking past that. Lots of people do but that does not mean they go out in public looking disheveled.

Times have changed that I get but look a SEC coaches news conferences and look how coaches present themselves.

Yoi do not need suits and a houndstooth hat like The Bear, but you do need to look respectable because you are representing your university.

Boom was getting paid a small fortune to represent the university, even if it was not his dream job, so he represented. Bobo was paid well - but he was not a head coach like at Colorado State, or even OC at his dream school, UGA. He was not excited to be here and his wardrobe/appearance reflected it - as did his decision to bolt at the first chance.
I agree. Times have changed, and a coach wearing a suit is not expected, or necessary, but it does look cool. I’m just big on first impressions, and times may change, but the clothes will always make the man. 
My apologies for de-railing this thread. I got it way off the track. 

Yoi do not need suits and a houndstooth hat like The Bear, but you do need to look respectable because you are representing your university.

Boom was getting paid a small fortune to represent the university, even if it was not his dream job, so he represented. Bobo was paid well - but he was not a head coach like at Colorado State, or even OC at his dream school, UGA. He was not excited to be here and his wardrobe/appearance reflected it - as did his decision to bolt at the first chance.
how did he dress when he was the OC at UGA?

As bad as it was, I think Tennessee had it worse. They just fired Pruitt and are in the middle of an NCAA investigation. I have a feeling that may create a big hurdle for their next coaching staff. Muschamp, from what little I know, seemed to have run a clean program.

https://csurams.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/mike-bobo/558

About the same - he could clean up at times but seemed to like growing the starter beard too.
he seems like a person in the belichick fashion mold. Ha. Our disagreements about why you should hire local people have run their course. You think doing so comes with loyalty and causes people to work harder. I think restricting your hiring pool reduces the talent you can acquire. Since it is unlikely that we can agree on that, lets just agree to dislike Bobo.

Bobo always looked like an unmade bed...no pride in his personal appearance
I've seen worse.  :D

USATSI_9535290.jpg