Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muschamp and Bobo

I think so GH but Chump got a sh%/ load of money.

I think so GH but Chump got a sh%/ load of money.
Thanks.

The reason I ask this is because of the moves or lack of moves both have made since being fired or moving on from South Carolina.

Did Will Muschamp ever thank the university, players, and fans for his time here as Coach since his termination? It is not a requirement by any means but I see it as highly unusual for a coach not to make a departing press release. I could be wrong but I have not seen one from Will yet (and it would be too little too late now).

I wonder if Mike Bobo has been attempting to pillage the roster and coordinators from South Carolina out of both need for his personnel but also spite for CSB not negotiating or offering a counter to Auburn's offer?

I have just found it a bit odd how these coaches have been moving these last couple of months and the only thing I can figure is that they felt they deserved more time (in Will Muschamp's case) and more money (in Mike Bobo's case).

Any time someone gets fired, I am sure they get mad at their now former employer. 

Bobo seems moreso though, based on the actions of poaching other coaches, especially Friend. 

But I also learned that people's actions afterward most likely confirm it was the right move and I think that is the case here, for both of them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are, then f*** them both. Muschamp was given every bit of an opportunity to win here. He couldn't do it. It was time to move on. He had no problem when UF gave him the boot after losing, so why should it be any different here? And his lack of a statement after being fired tells me all I ever needed to know about him.

Bobo thought he could play his cards and weasel his way to a bigger paycheck. Beamer called his bluff. If he's mad about that, then he has nobody to blame but himself.

Hey, if Muschamp was intending on staying here and moving the program forward, why did he send  his son to UGA to WALK ON , why not keep him here . I think this is really when things started to  come apart for Champ. and he knw he had to make an bold move and hired BOBO, I think that BOBO new CHAMPS time was limited, and he really never put an 100% in to the program , I could be wrong here  but now looking at all that has taken place it looks like Champ was just waiting it out here. He knew if he held on he would get paid rather than walk away an go to Georgia as an Analyst.  I don't think he's been offered yet but it's just a matter of time to when his friend finds him something.

I have no ill will towards Muschamp. Bobo can go $%&* himself.
Yea, Bobo can go F%*# himself sideways.  I am not mad a CWM either.  It was time for him to go IMO because I did not see him getting any better at winning, but he did not do anything to screw us over.  If CWM is angry, I get that.  No one likes to fail and be fired.  Bobo totally Ron Jeremy'd us big time.

Bobo totally Ron Jeremy'd us big time.
200.gif

Mike may have been a little miffed that he was not considered for the HC job while we hired an unknown. 

Regardless, he's making $2M/yr, which is a lot of money for an OC. 

I still don't think he was the right kind of OC for us, but have no ill will towards him. 

Gosh - who would of thought that two native Georgians - who played and coached at UGA - would not be 100% loyal to South Carolina?

People dump on me for preferring people that are from South Carolina and/or played/coached here - but Muschamp and Bobo are Exhibit A for why it matters. You can hire mercenaries to fight for you, but people that fight because they love their country are what you want.

Friend was, uh, Bobo's friend and had to go when Bobo did - he would not know anyone on the staff and would not be a good fit. Satterfield needs to have a lot of say in our final hire, O Line coach.
Great points.  I like the hires so far. 

And to keep on the Bobo and other coaches leaving us for Auburn topic.  Its not sour grapes at all but I can't imagine anyone being overly excited taking those coaches from that SC staff.  Especially a program like Auburn.  Not bashing on us but if the roles were flipped and we started hiring assistants from a 2-3 win team for a totally new staff, I'd be concerned.   Giving Bobo somewhat of a pass in that regards because we only got a sampling of his offense in a weird year.

Muschamp has kept his mouth shut, so I can’t fault him for taking a boatload of cash when it was given to him on a silver platter for nothing. Bobo is an ass, but I’m thankful he did what he did. We got rid of more cancer, saved money and upgraded coaches. 

Absolutely.  Total pos and looked like he was on a 3 day drunk during the interim coach period. 
I know some people will think this is shallow, but I judge people on how they dress. And Bobo did look like crap most of the time, and now I know why, because he was crap. I’m ugly as a pile of dog crap, but I try to look as presentable as I possibly can when in public.