Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MBB UK game discussion and prediction thread

I think the students are the unrecognized passion in the home crowd this year.

They were there in numbers when the late tip-off and cold weather kept a lot of the regular fans away for the UGA game, then they were there in record numbers for the win last night. They were mainly the ones who stormed the court.

I think they relate a lot to this bunch of players this year and want to support them whatever way they can. Winning certainly helps, but never really seen this passion from the students before this year. It certainly says a lot about Lamont and the rest of the team.

The home crowd senses we have a lot of things in place this year that have been sorely missing in years past. The crowd knew enough to clap when UK's press almost caused us to not get the ball past mid-court in time but the guys got it done. They also acknowledge the incredible passes on offense as well.

This is the best team we have had in SEC play since I started going to the home games in 2014. We will be the hunted going forward. Just don't choke against Mizzou on Saturday.

The other thing that goes unnoticed is how the players that have been here for a while have matured in the way they handle themselves in the pressers.

A very sharp bunch of guys.

I hope they do get close to a sellout. I also hope that is mostly our fans.

I generally cannot do a mid-week game. I have a 1 to 1-1/2 hr. drive home from CLA and I have to get up at 3:45 am for work. I am usually in bed by 8:45 to get my 7-hr. sleep.
Because it starts at 6:30, I will do the Ole Miss game. Hope I don't regret that.

Glad I went, but I'm about dang useless at work today. LOL

“I guess people will watch that tape and say that’s how you’ve got to play (us),” Calipari said afterward.

Oh, yes, you bet they will. At this very moment there are red-eyed assistant coaches all around the SEC furiously scribbling notes about South Carolina coach Lamont Paris’s impressive game plan while figuring out ways their teams can do the same.

Glad I went, but I'm about dang useless at work today. LOL
Already got permission to take half the day off on Feb. 7.
I am taking my Pastor to the game. He grew up in Miss. and is a huge Ole Miss fan. I sure hope we can disappoint him and I take my time getting home to rile him some.

I bought him and his wife tickets to the Peach Bowl for Christmas. They loved that. He is already wanting me to help him get tix to the football game at Williams Brice for him and his wife.