Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MBB UK game discussion and prediction thread

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
Either us or UK will be 4-2 in SEC play after Tuesday night. Let's hope it's us.

Auburn will probably drop Bama to 4-2 on Wednesday night. Then Dawn's squad goes head-to-head with Kim Mulkey's LSU girls Thursday night. It will be reigning NC vs. past NC.

Some great and relevant Gamecock basketball to be played this week.

I saw one article picked UK to win 79-74. It would be nice if it was that close. However, if we can play like we did against Ark. I think we can upset them.
As far as the ladies, I think they will beat LSU by 20+. Our ladies are such a strong scoring team this season. We lost a ton of talent last year, but I think Dawn just replaced them with an even better team. I just don't think LSU will hold out because they don't have the bench players to stay fresh and stay in the game like we got. They got their starting 5, we 10 players ready to go at all times.

We didn't receive any votes in the AP or Coaches' Poll this week.

Just worry about the games in front of us. Stay focus.

However, UK did move up to #6. Need that upset Tuesday night.

Here are the numbers going into the UK game. I couldn't find any conference stats for UK, only regular season stuff.

USC Regular Season (1-21-2024) (18 games played)

PossessionsPoints Per PossessionPossession Efficiency Margin
StatsUSCOpponentsUSCOpponentsUSCOpponentsUSC
FGA10411007266325660.4930.4530.040
OR217170
TO191190
FTA347324
Points Scored13131163
Pts Scored/Game7365

UK Regular Season (1-21-2024) (17 Games Played)

PossessionsPoints Per PossessionPossession Efficiency Margin
StatsUKOpponentsUKOpponentsUKOpponentsUK
FGA11171097276227930.5640.4700.094
OR164193
TO170222
FTA345351
Points Scored15571313
Pts Scored/Game9277

UK's advantage in possession efficiency margin is .054 because they score a lot, but a good defense like ours will even things up fairly well.

If we keep playing like we did against the Hogs, we can beat UK just like we did at Rupp last year. The other thing is Lamont coached up in that area for several years and I think he knows what he has to do to beat UK. I doubt he has a problem with duplicating Coach Cal's success, either, and it's probably been a goal for him with an SEC-caliber line-up like the one he has this year.

So there's no reason in my mind that we can't upset #6 UK tomorrow night. JMO

Why are they calling for a Black Out? Won't the team be in the Home whites? Do they ever wear colors at home?
The last time I went to a UK game at home, sadly, over half of CLA was wearing BLUE.

With last season’s win, head coach Lamont Paris is seeking to become the second Gamecock coach all-time alongside Darrin Horn to start his career 2-0 against the Wildcats. Horn won his first three games against Kentucky. A victory Tuesday night would also be the highest ranked home win since the Gamecocks defeated the top-ranked Wildcats, 68-62, on Jan. 26, 2010.

Only under 1000 tickets left, if that. If I have to sit in the nosebleeds I usually just watch that game on TV.

On the fence about going, but the game will probably be sold-out by the time I get off work today.

It might be like the UGA game with a lot of no-shows in the lower bowl so you could move down, but doubtful for UK game since their fans travel well.

I don't know.

I hope they do get close to a sellout. I also hope that is mostly our fans.

I generally cannot do a mid-week game. I have a 1 to 1-1/2 hr. drive home from CLA and I have to get up at 3:45 am for work. I am usually in bed by 8:45 to get my 7-hr. sleep.
Because it starts at 6:30, I will do the Ole Miss game. Hope I don't regret that.

What a statement win in CLA, Cooper continues to impress and Boyles had one of the most complete games I've seen from a FR in a Gamecock uniform with 6pt, 9reb, 5ast, 2st and 3bl with only 2 turnovers while guarding some pretty good 7 footers. Gray gave us quality minutes again, he played without hesitation and with aggression on both ends!

It was awesome to see the others there watching. Shane Beamer was there, Dawn Staley was there, Aliyah Boston was there, and even Pastides. Probably several other Gamecock dignitaries that just didn't get noticed.
The Men finally had a sellout crowd. I hope that happens for the next 6 home games.