Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAMEDAY THREAD: South Carolina vs Houston

We're still shooting well, but Houston is now also finding their shooting touch. Houston is 16-20 at the FT line, while we're 10-20: those 6 points are very useful to Houston as they lead 57-52 under 9 minutes left to play.....

We've also committed 16 turnovers to just 8 for Houston. They've out-scored us 16-9 on pts off of TOs....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.... we’re getting to the attrition via fouls scenario I mentioned in the first answer to this thread.

Houston is missing their head coach, their leading scorer and another key player, and they are still kicking the Gamecocks asses.     Houston is much more athletic and skilled than are the Gamecocks.   Our guards are playing very poorly, on both ends.   This is VERY VERY disappointing.    Really pisses me off actually.     The good thing is, Houston might be the best team we will play in the regular season.   If they were in the SEC, they would have a good chance to win it.

Houston is missing their head coach, their leading scorer and another key player, and they are still kicking the Gamecocks asses.     Houston is much more athletic and skilled than are the Gamecocks.   Our guards are playing very poorly, on both ends.   This is VERY VERY disappointing.    Really pisses me off actually.     The good thing is, Houston might be the best team we will play in the regular season.   If they were in the SEC, they would have a good chance to win it.
Gary... ease up, brother.  We’re still in this game.  We hit a 4 minute skid.  It’ll be alright.

I’m not sure what planet Cousinard is on tonight, but he’s CLEARLY not on the same court as the other Gamecocks.

Between Cousinard having his head in his rear end and Lawson making bad shot choices, plus no desire to fight for rebounds... just a tough night.  Tale of two halves for us.

Last edited by a moderator: