Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW II - War In The Pacific

dreammachine

Fanatics Cash
I am just amazed at watching the Military Channel and reading a lot about the war in the Pacific during WW II.  After the cowardly - sneak attack on our Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, it is nothing short of a miracle story of how our nation rebounded from that sneak attack (and even though we put the war in Europe as first priority) the speedy recovery made by our military forces in training men and making all types of war machines (planes/ships/tanks/etc).  The grand strategy put forth by our military commanders and the brave men who fought against a fanatical enemy to bring Japan to their knees.  The old war reel movies and the stories taken from the brave men who were still alive during the filming of footage of these terrible battles (albeit land or sea/air) is just overwhelming as you see the odds and obstacles these brave soldiers/sailors had to endure to achieve total victory over this aggressive nation that wanted to rule the other half of the world that the Nazis did not control.  What an amazing generation of men/women that fought to give us the great freedom that we enjoy to this day.

I know many of us had kinfolk that fought in either Europe or the Pacific Theater and we all should be very proud of them.  My father was a Marine during WW II and fought in the Pacific at Iwo Jima - Okinawa - and then sent to North China to liberate Japanese POW Camps.  Our nation should always strive to keep the true story of what "The Greatest Generation" did for those of us who have come behind them alive for all to remember and never allow it to be forgotten. 

Salute To These Great Soldiers And All That They Did!

One grandfather who flew a fighter off carriers in the Pacific, the other  grandfather fought in Normandy, Ardennes, The Rhine, and finally into Central Germany. Always proud and always grateful of the sacrifices made by The Greatest Generation. 

Last edited by a moderator: