Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WORDLE

Wordle is bought by the NYT....

how do they buy a word game? This will be the end of Wordle...furthermore this game has been around quite a while prior to it being called wordle...some years ago there was a game show called "Lingo" which is a mixture of Slingo and what is now called wordle and at one point was hosted by none other than Chuck Woolery (two in two lol)...not really sure how you buy something like this other than to buy the name and domain

how do they buy a word game? This will be the end of Wordle...furthermore this game has been around quite a while prior to it being called wordle...some years ago there was a game show called "Lingo" which is a mixture of Slingo and what is now called wordle and at one point was hosted by none other than Chuck Woolery (two in two lol)...not really sure how you buy something like this other than to buy the name and domain
Yeah I am guessing they bought the website. In the article it says they will keep it free to existing users 'for now'. I thought that was interesting. And how do they verify existing users. It doesn't require a login or anything. The simplicity and ease of use was one of the features. And I do agree that this is the beginning of the end of Wordle.