Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Marcus Lattimore Is a Legitimate Heisman Candidate

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Why Marcus Lattimore Is a Legitimate Heisman Candidate

GF Staff

08/09/12

It's only August, but it's never too early to start talking about the 2012 Heisman Trophy.

The SEC is home to two of the last three Heisman Trophy winners and boasts the kind of talent that can send multiple players to New York as finalists for the award.

Chris Huston of CBSSports.com—aka "The Heisman Pundit"—released his Heisman Watch preseason top 10 on Monday and, as expected, there are a few contenders from the SEC.

Arkansas running back Knile Davis and Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray make the cut. But one name is noticeably missing—South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore.

I know, I know...he's coming off of an ACL tear and those take time to recover from. I get that, but Lattimore absolutely deserves to be in the top 10 despite the injury. (more)