Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

No one on this forum implied NATO was going into Ukraine.

NATO has already activated its "Response Force"....yet you say NATO is going to do nothing.

Let me make sure you understand....if Russia attempts to cross over into Poland or other NATO countries, NATO will light them up. Sh_t gets real.

And we may find Putin has bit off more than he can chew if a long insurgency happens in Ukraine.
Yeah I'm sure ole Vlad is shaking in his boots that NATO activated it's "reaction force." I spent 24 years in the Army, the vast majority of that training to repel a Russian invasion of Western Europe. I also did 9 months running around Bosnia and Croatia in '97.

Putin's been building up forces on the Ukraine border for months, this wasn't exactly a surprise. NATO did nothing except send in a few supplies and munitions here and there. If we were serious about Ukraine we (all of NATO) should have been sending boatloads of ground based antiaircraft weapons as well as boatloads of Javelin and Stinger shoulder fired weapons.

Germany gets a lot of their energy from Russia and didn't wan to upset them and if Germany was going to take a soft stance then the rest of Europe was going to follow their lead.

So we'll huff and puff and talk big and at some point Putin will have what he wants and then put on a big show of wanting peace with Ukraine and things will calm down for awhile until he feels like it's time to take something else and the whole process will repeat itself.

Man this is one effed up situation. Putin has lost his mind.
Brother you don't know the half of it. Check this article out.

We're helping to finance Russia's invasion when we were energy independent just a year ago. smdh

Ukraine's Zelenskyy Rejects U.S. Evacuation Offer: 'I Need Ammunition, Not A Ride'​

You gotta hand it to the Ukrainian President. He is not backing down. He’s probably going to the gulag or executed if the Russians get a hold of him.

No one on this forum implied NATO was going into Ukraine.

NATO has already activated its "Response Force"....yet you say NATO is going to do nothing.

Let me make sure you understand....if Russia attempts to cross over into Poland or other NATO countries, NATO will light them up. Sh_t gets real.

And we may find Putin has bit off more than he can chew if a long insurgency happens in Ukraine.
I actually read your early posts to mean NATO would do something about Ukraine so my misunderstanding.

I actually read your early posts to mean NATO would do something about Ukraine so my misunderstanding.
Yea...I specifically stated NATO nation.

This is ugly. The mental state of Putin is a concern.

We'll see if an insurgency is a long term factor.

I also saw a comment about a "no-fly" zone over Ukraine...which is unlikely, but is an interesting idea. Not likely to get sanctioned via the UN.

Well at least ole Vlad had the decency to wait until the Olympics had finished before he launched an unprovoked attack against an innocent sovereign nation. 😕

Yeah. Had to wait to showcase his cheating Russian Olympic team again.
Yep, the team that had cheated so much that they couldn't even compete as "Russia" but as the Russian Olympic committee who then cheated yet again during these Olympics. smdh

Yeah. Had to wait to showcase his cheating Russian Olympic team again.
Yep, the team that had cheated so much that they couldn't even compete as "Russia" but as the Russian Olympic committee who then cheated yet again during these Olympics. smdh
I saw where Katrina Witt said in an interview the athletes were children that should have been protected and she was absolutely right about that.

I saw where Katrina Witt said in an interview the athletes were children that should have been protected and she was absolutely right about that.
If they tested positive for illegal substances they should have been ruled ineligible immediately. The circumstances of how that came about are secondary and moot.

If they tested positive for illegal substances they should have been ruled ineligible immediately. The circumstances of how that came about are secondary and moot.
Witt was not saying they should have been protected from disqualification because they were children, but that they were just children and should never have been given the illegal substances in the first place.

They shou
Witt was not saying they should have been protected from disqualification because they were children, but that they were just children and should never have been given the illegal substances in the first place.
They shouldn't have been giving them to anyone competing in athletics but Russia has a long history of cheating in the Olympics.

Russia has warned of "serious military and political repercussions" if Finland joins Nato amid the Ukraine crisis.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said the country's accession to Nato, the military alliance currently made up of 28 European countries plus the US and Canada, could "have detrimental consequences".

Following Russia's invasion of Ukraine this week, Finnish prime minister Sanna Marin said the debate surrounding Finland's membership of NATO "will change".

Try to take down a MiG-29 on your own, then selfie.

It doesn't get much more badass than that.