Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football What are you looking for Saturday

GMB2USC23

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
With the Spring Game this Saturday what are you hoping to see...

What player are you most excited about seeing...
For me it is the Oline, really looking forward to seeing how the FR look and if Elliott has any influence on them and the RB's. Look forward to seeing Braswell behind center with Sellers. On defense I'm looking forward to watching the best group of LB's I can remember having in a spring game

What scheme or personnel change/battle will you be keeping an eye on...
The run game for me, with Elliott as the run game coordinator and some extremely skilled duel threat QB's as well as a new stable of RB's. On defense the interior line is in my opinion the make or break position for us this year, if we can give our LB's room to work...

I thought Sellers was impressive but Dylan Stewert looked like a game changer for the defense and our LB 's have never looked better.
Mazeo Bennett impressed as did Swain, Thompson looks like he will be a great LT and I thought Braswell looked good, he ran hard with his head up

I thought the outside blocking in the running game looked decent. Hard to tell from just a spring game, but Adaway looked like the more physical runner. I'm not sure he got a catch, but the TE Brady Hunt will be a solid player. Surprised with Sellers poise and command of the game. Worried about a lack of deep threat at WR but both QBs mobility is encouraging. On defense. the safeties, LBs all played great and swarmed to the ball. DEs/Edges were good at times genearting pressure and we even got one in the middle, wich is not common for us.

Harbor ran his PR in both the 100 and 200 Saturday, safe to say he will be a homerun threat

The Spring Game has always been mainly for the fans and to get the new players used to playing in front of a crowd at W-B, so I am not sure what to take away from this one this year.

Lack of injuries is always a win for me in a game like this.