Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wednesday Recruiting news

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
6-2 LaShay Page graduated from Southern Miss Monday and now awaits word from the NCAA and the SEC regarding his request for a waiver that will allow him to play this season at USC. “I’ve sent everything to USC and I’m waiting to hear back,” Page said Tuesday afternoon. “I have a strong case. I should hear something late this week or early next week.” Page did visit UTEP earlier in the summer but said his focus is strictly on USC. “South Carolina is my thing,” Page said adding he hasn’t thought much about what he will do if his waiver request is denied.

Football News:

DL Keith Bryant of Delray Beach, FL committed to Miami in January but continues to look at other options including USC. He has been communicating with Gamecock recruiter Grady Brown thru e-mail. “He’s still interested,” Bryant said. “He said they need me on defense.” Bryant said he will take some official visits and expects that USC will get one. He said he’s also looking at Florida State, Iowa State, Nebraska, Purdue, Wisconsin and Cincinnati. Bryant said all of the contending schools have sent him official written offers. He wants to talk more with the coaches before deciding on other favorites along with Miami.

Junior WR Shaq Davidson (6-1 175) of Gaffney was on his way to a big sophomore season until he tore the ACL in his right knee in week seven. Prior to the injury, Davidson had 29 catches for 683 yards and 8 touchdowns. Davidson spent the off season rehabbing the knee and is now 100%. He did not make it to camps over the summer but did visit North Carolina. “I want to take a lot of visits this season,” Davidson said. Right now his strongest recruiting is coming from USC, Ohio State, Georgia and North Carolina. They have offered along with Clemson, Wake Forest, Tennessee and NC State. Davidson does not have favorites though his two favorite college players were AJ Greene (Georgia) and Terrell Pryor (Ohio State). Davidson said he has not thought about when he wants to even think about making a decision.

WR Dejon Funderburk of Pensacola, FL has offers from USC and Clemson along with several other schools. He plans to take an official visit to Clemson very soon. “I’ll probably go to their first or second game and use that as a an official (visit),” Funderburk said. “They’re recruiting me really hard. They say I would be an outstanding addition to their program.” The other school rivaling Clemson’s efforts is Auburn. Funderburk plans an official visit to The Plains as well. “Those are the two schools recruiting me the hardest,” he said. Funderburk is unsure of other official visits but does plan to take in a game at USC this season. HIs other offers include Alabama, Kentucky, Missouri, Virginia, South Florida, Memphis, South Alabama, Tennessee State and Troy. He has 19 in all. Funderburk did not name a leader.

LB/DE Jalen Stevens of Goose Creek has offers from North Carolina, Arizona State, Connecticut and Southern Miss with interest from Clemson, Florida, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Georgia and others. “Right now, I’m just going to focus on the team and winning another state championship,” said Stevens. “I want to wait and see who else offers me before I start deciding on which schools I’m interested in.” Stevens is sure of two official visits. “I know I’m going to North Carolina and UConn, for sure,” he said. Both schools give Stevens an opportunity to play early as a hybrid linebacker/defensive end. “I want to get a good education and be an impact player early,” Stevens said. Schools like Clemson, Georgia, Florida and Vandy are showing interest but want to see more film on Stevens. “Clemson is telling me they want to see me rush the passer,” Stevens added. He does not have any favorites.

link: http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.php/2012/08/08/page-expecting-waiver-appeal-response-within-a-week/