Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have never faced a schedule with so many good QBs

GCF Staff Support

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
The schedule gives me pause...

Vandy - Jordan Rogers. Little brother of best QB in pro football right now. Showed flashes of great potential last year. Dont forget Rogers "Jr" can also hurt you with his feet.

ECU - Ruffin McNeill. Ex Texas Tech coach. Burned up our secondary last year. They dont have Dominique Davis any more but they have 5 dudes that can play. Our secondary will be tested early.

UAB - pass

Mizzou - James Franklin is a damn good QB. Probably will go pro. Mizzou spreads it around the yard. Another good test for our DB's.

UK - My prediction is this guy Pat Towles is going to make some noise as a freshman and win out the starting QB role. We dont lose this game but will face Joker's team that will not role over and play dead like last year.

UGA - Aaron Murray. Sure fire 1st round NFL pick. UGA will be better. Huge Test. Considered on of the best in college football right now.

LSU - if hype means anything....this kid Zach Mettenberger is supposed to be the best since sliced bread, we will see, but look at what LSU did last year with crappy QB play, the fans down there are jacked up about this guy, he is looking red-hot in camp, we will see how he does

Florida - right now the "X" factor, looks like Brissett, but could be one of those rotation deals, who knows, I think we cant could on Brantley to throw 1,000 picks like what happened last year, I think Florida is a lot of peoples dark horse just because of the talent they posses (on paper), even if it is Driskel or Burton you have guys that can launch it AND burn you with their feet (a problem for any Defense)

Tenn - Tyler Bray may be an immature ass and a jack leg, but he is a pretty good QB. Bray is a Jr and a lot of folks figure on him going next year as a 1st rounder. How good will UT be? Who knows. But they have a great QB.

ARK - Tyler Wilson is consider to be the best QB in the SEC (at least at Media Days). They have a damn good running back. I dont care if Petrino is going I think ARK is going to destroy people. This game is an "L" for us and I think Tyler Wilson will be in the hunt for heisman.

Wofford - pass

Clem - Who knows where CLEM is at this point. But Taj Mahal is a good QB when he has time and he has the most dynamic WR in football. Take off your garnet glasses and you should be able to admit this is another team with a high quality QB. And certainly an offense that will test you. Do we lose this game? HELL NO. But my point is the DBs are going to be tested.

Like I said - if you look at it objectively this is the toughest schedule we have ever faced from a pass defense perspective. I actually think Ward will coach his ass off and the players will perform but at the end of the day we are going to give up a lot more points that we did last year (on average) just because of the teams we are facing. A lot of those teams are well oiled machines offensively. We will have to see how it shakes out.

I would hope I am not the only one that sees it this way. But I am sure there are some of you guys that think we win every game 100-Zero. It think if you look at it without blinders on we would go 8-4, and if lucky, 9-3. Place kicking is still an unknown for us - and that is crucial in close games