Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washing your vehicle

Preferred method?

• Drive through car wash

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Touch-less car wash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garden house and a bucket

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Pressure washer

• My kid

• Total voters

carolina_corpsman

Staff member
Fanatics Cash
What's everyone else using to wash their vehicles? 

I've been using an electric pressure washer with a foam cannon and chemical guys soap, tire cleaner, and the Walmart microfiber drying towels. So far I've been happy. 

Hit me with all of your tips and tricks. 

2830058_1.jpg

IMG_4960_700x.jpg

0000697_michelin-deluxe-4-piece-car-wash-bucket-kit_550.jpeg

absorber-xl-drying-towel-blue-24.gif

Always starting from the roof and working in sections from top to bottom. Always rinse with a hose with no nozzle to encourage the water to sheet away instead of beading. Use a completely different set of washing equipment just for the tires and wheels. Windows and mirrors come next with a foaming cleaner followed by RainX on the windshield and side mirrors. Then a quick vacuum before the inside surfaces get dusted and cleaned with something like ArmorAll wipes.

Usually a bucket and sponge. I got some pine sap on my car bad. And need a good way to get it of. Any tips? I have tried the clay bar. I gets it off, but only after some serious scrubbing. And I have a lot of sap to get off. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually a bucket and sponge. I got some pine sap on my car bad. And need a good way to get it of. Any tips? I have tried the clay bar. I gets it of, but only after some serious scrubbing. And I have a lot of sap to get off. 
Maybe goo-gone? They make an automotive version

Last edited by a moderator:
 I have tried goo-gone, and it works, but I hear it's ad for the clear coat. I will look for the automotive version. 
I'd imagine AutoZone or your local auto parts store should have it, or could recommend something better. I've also seen tar and sap remover in a rattle can, not sure if it works. 

Do it myself. I once took it to an auto spa and one of their high pressure brushes too off my rear window wiper. And of course they weren’t liable