Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*** USC MBB (11-1) vs. Florida A&M (2-10) Game Thread ***

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2dhbWVjb2Nrc29ubGluZS1jb20vMjAyMy8xMi85NGE0NTU3NC0yMDIzXzEyMjJfbWJiX2dhbWVfZWxvbl81ZF9lZGl0ZWRfam95bmVyXzAxOTUuanBn.png

(Photo courtesy South Carolina Athletics)

The Gamecocks are seeking to improve to 12-1 for the sixth time in program history (1933-34, 1944-45, 1969-70, 2003-04 and 2015-16). A victory would also mark the team’s first nine-game home win streak since the 2015-16 season when the team started the year 13-0 at home. That tied the longest home win streak since the 1997-98 team won 13-in-a-row at home.

Murray Boyles with a coming out party and BBV a huge night, once again this team shows it is a team with 5 players in double figures, 21 assists on 30 baskets.
They showed showed there shooting prowess by going 10 of 29 from 3 and 24 of 28 from the FT line.
Zach Davis with an efficient 17 minutes, 4-6 from the field, 1-2 from 3, 1-1 from the line, 6 boards and most importantly in my book no turnovers.
BBV with an almost perfect 17 minutes, 4-4 from the field, 2-2 from the line, 7 boards, 2 dimes with 2 turnovers.
Boyles played 14 minutes, was 4-6 from the field, 7-8 from the line, 3 boards, an assist, a turnover and 2 steals
Clark controlled the boards for stretches in his 19 minutes on the floor, pulling down a team leading 9 to go with 4 assists, 1 block and no turnovers.
As a team we had 8 turnovers compared to those 21 assists, that is winning team basketball!

Plus, Cocky with the one-handed bucket from half-court during halftime.

Everybody's making buckets this year.

Unselfish passes on offense and they protect each other on defense. Watched WVU/Ohio St. for a bit tonight. We're a better team than both of them.

I had a great time at the game today. Lots of ticket holders stayed home, but it was once again an intimate and passionate crowd.

For all the justifiable hoopla around GG last season, CMB, Zach Davis, and Mo Ugusuk are the real deals for us. Focusing on offense helps them understand defense better. Everybody makes their own contribution, which is hard for an opposing coach to game-plan against.

Looking forward to seeing what these guys do in SEC play.

I was glad I went to the game. Hope even more people will get out to support them.
Really impressive bench plays this game. The starters averaged 22 minutes playing time while 5 bench players averaged 17 minutes. The bench scored 52 of those points and 3 bench players had 10 pt. or more.
I know they only hit 34.5% of the 3's, 10-29, but the game started with 2 quick 3 pt. shots both made for a 6-0 lead.
A&M played really aggressive offense in the 2nd half, 41 pts, but our 28 pt half time lead still grew to 32 pts.
Looking forward to the Miss St. game.