Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USC lands a top DB Brendan Langley Georgia prospect (thread) (2013 prospect video)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
4 star DB Brendan Langley (5-11 170) of Marietta, GA announced a commitment to USC Wednesday night. Langley issued a statement regarding his pledge to the Gamecocks. "After a lot of thought and prayer, I'm more than proud to accept a scholarship offer from the University of South Carolina," Langley wrote. "I'm about to fulfill 80% of my drea,s. NFL being the other 20%. The SEC is the best conference in college football. South Carolina is a beautiful state. The university is an SEC monster as well as a national contender and I can't wait to help them reach another SEC title and even a national title. I can't wait to play for a coach with such experience and control as coach Spurrier." Among Langley's other offers were Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Nebraska and UCLA. The Gamecocks actually came from behind for Langley who listed Alabama, Tennessee and USC, in that order, as his favorites earlier in the summer. Last season Langley had 6 interceptions and 5 deflections to go along with 60 tackles. He also scored 8 touchdowns on offense, 3 on special teams and 2 on defense. Langley is USC's 21st commitment for the 2013 class and the fourth for the secondary.

link: http://www.goupstate...9958/-1/PSPORTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQwD1AMId4I

Scouts bio

Rivals bio

Last edited by a moderator:
Brendan Langley thoughts

-Love his size. Tall, great frame. Long arms

-Still relative new to the position and a little raw but this is a kid with a potentially high ceiling.

-Despite his size Langley has solid hips and turns very well - even at high speeds

-Langley uses his height and reach well. Can be physical at LOS

-not sure what his 40 times are but he certainly looks fast on the field

-like his versatility. He could play safety. He could return kicks. I think he could even be a spot offensive guy in an emergency

All in all, a very good get

Brendan Langley thoughts

-Love his size. Tall, great frame. Long arms

-Still relative new to the position and a little raw but this is a kid with a potentially high ceiling.

-Despite his size Langley has solid hips and turns very well - even at high speeds

-Langley uses his height and reach well. Can be physical at LOS

-not sure what his 40 times are but he certainly looks fast on the field

-like his versatility. He could play safety. He could return kicks. I think he could even be a spot offensive guy in an emergency

All in all, a very good get
Good, good
default_smile.png