Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USC & Clemson evaluating Georgia DE Jamarcus Chatman

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
USC & Clemson evaluating Georgia DE Jamarcus Chatman
[SIZE= 14px]MARCH 16, 2017   BY [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]PHIL KORNBLUT[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]    [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]Link: [/SIZE]sportstalk

jamarcus-chatman-300x300.jpg
Jamarcus Chatman
DE Jamarcus Chatman (6-3 266) of Rome, GA is drawing the interest of USC and Clemson but neither has offered at this point.  But many others have like Florida, Florida State, Miami, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Mississippi State, Southern Cal, Virginia Tech, Arkansas, Texas and Ole Miss.

Chatman attended Clemson’s most recent junior day earlier this month and the Tigers left a favorable impression on him.

“It was an awesome campus,” he said.  “I’ve been there plenty of other times but this was the first time for me seeing their new facilities.  I like the basketball court and all the other stuff but something that really stuck out to me was the weight room and the slide.  That’s different from other colleges.  Coach Bates is telling me just to keep grinding and it (an offer) is coming soon.  It would be a big impact because I’ve liked Clemson for a while and that would move them into my top five.”

Chatman said he’s been in touch with USC defensive line coach Lance Thompson as well.

“He’s told me to just be patient,” said Chatman who has yet to visit USC.  He and his family are in the process of deciding on future visits.  He also has visited Alabama and Tennessee and he said the Vols are also showing him strong interest.  He said he would have Tennessee and Miami in his top five along with Clemson.

Chatman said he’s looking to make his decision before the end of this school year.