Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three Gamecocks are in transfer portal

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Three South Carolina players appear to be leaving the program. Defensive linemen Keem Green and Devontae Davis are both in the transfer portal. Rivals first reported the news of Green’s entrance, while The Big Spur reported Davis’ possible departure.

Davis appeared in nine games at South Carolina after transferring in from Georgia Military College. The New Ellenton native compiled just four tackles in his Gamecocks career. Green and Davis’ potential departures come just hours after receiver/tight end E.J. Jenkins announced via Twitter that he planned on entering the transfer portal. Jenkins played just one season at South Carolina following a standout career at FCS school St. Francis (Pa.) The Virginia native came to South Carolina along with St. Francis teammate Jason Brown, who has since transferred to Virginia Tech. Head coach Shane Beamer told reporters following Saturday’s spring game that he planned to begin pre-summer meetings at 7 a.m. Monday to discuss each player’s individual role moving forward.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jenkins is hoping to get picked up by Virginia Tech to reunite with Jason Brown. Best of luck to him, and I hope he does get to go to VT, if that's where he wants to be.

I expect stuff like this to become the norm going forward for most programs with the advent of the portal.

Realistically, Shane will have some turnover anyway if he brings higher quality players who may elect to go Pro after 2 or 3 seasons or less.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jenkins is hoping to get picked up by Virginia Tech to reunite with Jason Brown. Best of luck to him, and I hope he does get to go to VT, if that's where he wants to be.
What is the deadline to still be able to play this year?