Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those CBD gummies....apparently they are potent and legal?

JimG

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
I have a friend in CHS that bought some CBD gummies. He ate one and it kicked his butt. These are sold legally in SC. 

Any comments? Do you think law enforcement is looking the other way since this is legal in other states? 

I have a friend in CHS that bought some CBD gummies. He ate one and it kicked his butt. These are sold legally in SC. 

Any comments? Do you think law enforcement is looking the other way since this is legal in other states? 
That would be my guess...just not enough to mess with!  Those things can be dangerous if they get into the hands of children

Are you saying they have THC in them.  I know there are probably 2 types, but I thought they ones sold here just had the oil and not the properties that get you high.  

If CBD gummies get you high, they are not CBD gummies. Probably were THC gummies.
SO brings us back to the original question.  Are stores in a market where Marijuana is not legal selling a product with THC in it?  I am really only asking because I have kids and just want to be informed. 

SO brings us back to the original question.  Are stores in a market where Marijuana is not legal selling a product with THC in it?  I am really only asking because I have kids and just want to be informed. 

As best as I can tell, the products marketed as CBD should have, at most, a ridiculously small amount of Delta 9 THC but nowhere near enough to get you high unless you're eating several entire bottles of the gummies at once. There are also Delta 8 and THC-O products out there, which are hemp derived and legal. Those things will get you high and will make you pop hot on a whiz quiz. 

There are also Delta 8 and THC-O products out there, which are hemp derived and legal. Those things will get you high and will make you pop hot on a whiz quiz. 
I think that's what my friend ate. I didn't remember what he called it. And apparently, gargling with peroxide will allow you to pass a breathalyzer.  ???

I know of a guy with chronic back due to spinal arthritis whose daughter lives in CA and gave him some CBD painkillers.

They did not make him high and he was able to get a full-night's sleep for the first time in years.

I would assume he would pop positive on a piss test, but I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's what my friend ate. I didn't remember what he called it. And apparently, gargling with peroxide will allow you to pass a breathalyzer.  ???
Yeah then he probably just bought the wrong stuff for what he wanted. CBD gummies should have a label on them listing the percentage of THC. If he just wants the alleged soothing effects without the buzz, look for something that says "0.3% THC" or less. Anything marketed as Delta 8 or THC-O is technically legal under the 2018 Farm Bill due to them being hemp derived compounds as opposed to marijuana derived. Some states are banning the sales of these products, but they more or less fall in a legal grey area as best I can tell, and the market is alive and kicking in SC. I guess the good news is if you want to get high legally in SC, you have an option for now. If you're subject to drug screenings, you might want to stay away though.

I've never heard about the gargling peroxide thing. I'd be skeptical that it would work.

I know of a guy with chronic back due to spinal arthritis whose daughter lives in CA and gave him some CBD painkillers.

They did not make him high and he was able to get a full-night's sleep for the first time in years.

I would assume he would pop positive on a piss test, but I don't know.
He shouldn't pop positive so long as it's only CBD with less than 0.3% THC. You could take one of those and then pass a 15ng/ml (very sensitive) test with no problems. That said, some people have reported failing a drug test after taking CBD, and the armed services have banned the use of CBD products for military members. So it's something to consider.

He shouldn't pop positive so long as it's only CBD with less than 0.3% THC. You could take one of those and then pass a 15ng/ml (very sensitive) test with no problems. That said, some people have reported failing a drug test after taking CBD, and the armed services have banned the use of CBD products for military members. So it's something to consider.
He is in his late 50s and been self-employed for quite a while now, so not a problem really for him.  It does make you wonder in general, though.

.... hemp derived compounds as opposed to marijuana derived.....
I must be a dumbazz....I thought marijuana and hemp were the same thing.  :in-disbelief-smiley-emoticon:

whatishemp.jpg

I must be a dumbazz....I thought marijuana and hemp were the same thing.

Nah I'm sure a lot of people think that. I know I used to think that a long time ago. They're close cousins though. In fact, they look and smell practically the same. They're close enough that the field tests that police use cannot distinguish between the two. What really blew my mind is seeing hemp buds for sale in some of the shops in Myrtle Beach. It seriously looks like a bag of pot nuggets.