Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thompson, Nosovitch or Mitch

GCF Staff Support

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
I know Thompson has been here longer, but I think Spurrier has a healthy open QB competition this spring and fall before naming a starting QB. Think about it, if Thompson is given the starting nod then after next season we are right back where we are now going into 2014 with a new QB under center. Wouldn't it be better to go ahead and start one of the younger guys next season who is still going to be on the roster for 3-4 more years. However, I know Spurrier will go with the one who gives us the better chance to win right now.

I love our two young Qb's and I think Nosovitch gets a lot of playing time. However Dylan has proven he can win. Some fans still blame DT for us almost losing the Mizzou game but DT had us in scoring position twice when Davis fumbled in the first half. I think DT will get his shot and I think he is very capable of leading us to the SEC championship