Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They're not very talented, very young

But they really play hard and compete! When he gets a lil more talent look out!
He recruited virtually every player on the team. What decent player wants to play basketball in Cola for Frank Martin? What's the incentive? I don't see it. I hope we keep Thornwell. He's too talented to play by himself.

He recruited virtually every player on the team. What decent player wants to play basketball in Cola for Frank Martin? What's the incentive? I don't see it. I hope we keep Thornwell. He's too talented to play by himself.
He came in a February and got who he could. Then with a terrible team, he again, recruited what he could and signed 2 top 150 players. This year, he has two more top 150 players committed. As bas as our program is, it's going to take this and winning with these players before he can really sign anyone.

He has signed 4 top 150 players to date. With your attitude we might as well can the program altogether.

I really like our chances 2, 3, and 4 years down the road with this bunch, especially factoring in Marcus Stroman.

Recruiting will be better once we start winning in SEC. If we go 0-6, despair will be rampant on campus

We're 1-6 and I believe are getting ready to really turn it around.

They played a complete game last night, and I couldn't be more proud!

I can see this team finishing 7-11 in the conference.  That would be 14-17 overall.  The next task would then be to win an SEC Tournament game.  That would get us to 15 wins and would no doubt show improvement, especially given the more demanding schedule from last year to this one.

Nowhere to go but up!

OK, so we're 1-7 now.  But consider this.

In SEC play, we are scoring 71 per game, while allowing an average of 75 a game, a difference of -4 ppg.

Contrast that with Horn's final season where we ALSO started 1-7.  We allowed exactly 71 ppg over that span.

But we only scored 59 ppg....a difference of -12.

Clearly progress is being made.

One more thing I forgot to mention.....

The second half of the schedule looks very favorable, and we should be favored in 5 of our last 8 games! 
default_clap.gif

Those games would be home against Auburn (next), home against Vandy (2/12), home against Alabama (2/15), home against Georgia (2/22) and at Miss State (they're awful!) at the conclusion of the regular season.

AND.....if we can pull off one of the other 3 (at Auburn, Kentucky or Florida), that would be a 7-11 SEC campaign.....CLEAR improvement.

It would still take winning the SEC Tournament to make any kind of postseason, but if we could just win an SEC Tournament game and NOT lose 20 games overall, that would be a great accomplishment.

Progress is being made, yes.  However watching UK play Mizzou or Florida vs. A&M and you can see where we are light years from SEC dominance..