Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swing Games That Will Determine Success in 2012

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
The Swing Games That Will Determine Success in 2012

GF Staff

07/30/12

August is finally upon us. The 30th will be here before you know it.

Every football season, you can basically put your favorite team's games into three categories. They are: 1) games you should win; 2) games you should lose; and 3) games that could go either way, or swing games.

My rule for determining swing games are those games your team is a one-score favorite or underdog in. Simply put, a game you could win on a good day and lose on a bad one.

Last year, the Gamecocks won five of the six games they should have won (Auburn -10). They did not have any games that they were likely to lose, and they had six swing games.

Of those six swing games, they lost the one game they were underdogs in (Arkansas +5) and they won the other five they were favored in. As a result, South Carolina had their most ever wins in a season and finished 11-2.

By my count this year, South Carolina has five games it should win, two games it will likely be the underdog by more than one score and five swing games. Follow me through the next five sides and see if we agree on who they are. (more)

Last edited by a moderator: