Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The fastest players in college football, 2012

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
It’s time for Heismanpundit’s annual list of the fastest players in college football.

Now, some of you are going to disagree with parts of this, most likely by quoting a hand-timed 40-yard dash that you read about on some fan site, or a track time that can’t be independently verified. And I get that some pretty fast players may not make it here. This is a very tough list to make and just because a certain player does not make this list, it does not mean I am saying he is not fast!

But I am basing this list upon hard data, meaning verifiable and relatively recent track times. I am looking for speed, not quickness. If a mark is in the distant past and the player’s body composition has changed markedly or an injury has occurred, I take that into account. I compile the data and combine it with my knowledge of track and field (I am an aficionado of the sport) as well as my own observations of how these players move on the gridiron, plus other factors such as weight gain and abundance of available data. (more)

Last edited by a moderator: