Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesla To Unveil Truck Tomorrow

Sweet look on that truck! But, it will need to have independent verification of its performance vs Ford/Chevy/Toyota et al before I'm a believer.

Sweet look on that truck! But, it will need to have independent verification of its performance vs Ford/Chevy/Toyota et al before I'm a believer.
Yeah, I want to see the guys at TFL take it on a Super Ike Gauntlet and compare it to the competition. 

Interesting unveil. Design will take some getting used to, but the price points are excellent. And performance specs are great. The 500 mile range is outstanding for an EV.

The glass demo was odd though, especially when the actual windows in the truck didn't hold up. And I'm not convinced that it would be any good at hauling anything that needs shoveling.

I think I'd drive one, though. Might have to consider ordering one.

Side note... Musk is terrible at the whole presentation thing. Always has been, though.

Interesting unveil. Design will take some getting used to, but the price points are excellent. And performance specs are great. The 500 mile range is outstanding for an EV.

The glass demo was odd though, especially when the actual windows in the truck didn't hold up. And I'm not convinced that it would be any good at hauling anything that needs shoveling.

I think I'd drive one, though. Might have to consider ordering one.

Side note... Musk is terrible at the whole presentation thing. Always has been, though.
Looks like offspring between an El Camino and a Delorian.

Electric motor can put out huge amounts of torque, so it would probably be fine hauling stuff, But I wonder ow quickly hauling heavy items or a trailer would suck down the battery.

Did they not rehearse the throwing the rock through the window bit?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sold on it. For someone who lives in the city and maybe uses their truck to haul small house project jobs, maybe some dog food and kids to soccer, it might be a great option. I'd have to see it tested actually with a load, they didn't give (if they did I missed it) many details on load management, breaking etc. 

Looks whack and I predict it will be an epic fail at market even with a price point below 50k. The design sucks. 

Looks whack and I predict it will be an epic fail at market even with a price point below 50k. The design sucks. 
Yeah- I think the design is a bit too far 'out there' for most folks. Even if the performance is otherwise good. They really should have stick with a more conventional body design. 

I think they already know it will be more of a niche market. Think wealthy hipsters that go to home depot once a month or so and think they want a truck. 

That being said, I'm waiting on someone to put it on 35's and take it crawling. 

It's the damned ugliest POS I have ever seen.

Reminds me of another ground-breaking automotive design.

598131.jpg

CyberPacer, anyone?

The squared-off truck cab purposely prevents things from blowing out of the beds of conventional trucks.  Good luck hauling something in the back on the interstate at 70 MPH.

Thanks, but no thanks,  I will hang onto to my Silverado for quite a while.

CyberFail.

Last edited by a moderator:

interesting review and comparison. He brings up a good point about the lack of functionality in the bed, er uh... "vault" with sides that high, you have to get in it to get anything out of it. 

Forgive me, but I want my truck to actually look like a truck.