Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simply the funniest topic from Taterland

OK - Assume we traded places and took their schedule and they took ours. With their schedule, I see us finishing 11-1 with a loss to FSU For them, I think the outcome is much different: I could see them beating UNC. 1-0 They barely beat UGA at home - so travelling to Athens - it becomes a loss. 1-1 Since they struggled with BC and NC State, that puts a question mark beside Vandy and UCF - maybe they split 2-2. They beat Kentucky, but with 3 road games - I see them lose to UT and Missouri.4-4 They squeak by MSU, Florida loses because they have no offense, and they beat Coastal (maybe 45-17) So 7-4. With the loss to us, the final projection I would have is 7-5. Maybe outside of the top 25. With losses to UGA, Vandy, UT and Mizzou, likely 4-4 and 4th in the East. They end up in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl playing Miami or the Compass Bowl playing Rutgers.
default_shok.gif

These idiots think they beat themselves but taking a look at the stats I see a different story.

Had it not been for getting great field position from turnovers our stats would have been much greater. Even with the turnovers the stats still read like this:

We ran 21 more plays than Clemson and held the ball for 16 minutes longer than them. We had 3 more first downs, had 6 less turnovers, more rushing yards, and only 34 less total yards of offense. Not to mention we beat them by 2 touchdowns.

The moral of this story is being a tater fan makes you a delusional fool.

Yes, the taters are delusional but two other trends I see rising with them as our domination of them extends are a concerted emphasis on ancient history combined with wishful thinking. In fact, these three aspects - baseless delusions of greatness, emphasis on their supposed past greatness (with no weight whatsoever to all the cheating required to bring it about and which brought them some of the stiffest penalties ever handed down by the NCAA), and wishful thinking that we will deteriorate and go back to former mediocrity even though they are losing players like Boyd, Watkins, and Beasley - define a PHLEGMson tater. And I love it! It is so easy to beat those fools down these days!
default_biggrin.png

default_gamecocks.gif

default_puke-clem.gif

Last edited by a moderator: