Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SEC + network

CockyinVa

Fanatics Cash
Tried calling ESPN customer service but I don't speak their language.  Their website was not clear about.  Our Sept 4th game is on ESPN+ and SEC+ (never used it).  Anyone know if you can watch the game on SEC+ if you have the ESPN app?

Tried calling ESPN customer service but I don't speak their language.  Their website was not clear about.  Our Sept 4th game is on ESPN+ and SEC+ (never used it).  Anyone know if you can watch the game on SEC+ if you have the ESPN app?
CockyinVa, I don't think you can.  ESPN+/SECN+ is a separate streaming service @$6.99/month (I think that's their latest fee).  Check with your television content provider, some of them include access to ESPN+ in their subscription service, but not all of them...so mileage may vary.

I don't think so ... if you get ESPN and have a ROKU or smart tv, you should be able to see it, I think, using the ESPN app?

This will be the first time in years I will not be able to watch on TV - at least I think.  I am still kicking it old school with Direct TV.  I do get the SEC-Alt channel, but I think this is something different.  Hoping I can stream it.  If not, I will follow the game and then hopefully watch UGA (yuk) beat the taters (screw the acc).

I'm probably going to pony up the $7 bucks for the month, and just treat it as a PPV.  I hope it doesn't become a recurring issue, but I think we all know better.

I want to say my local cable provider here will sometimes allow me to watch SECN+ games on WatchESPN, but it's been a while and I am not sure.

I have also had buffering problems on game day with WatchESPN the last two years and I am concerned that the same thing would happen with the extra streaming service.

If I can't watch it on WatchESPN, then I will just listen to Todd and Tommy on 107.5 and find a way to watch the highlights later.

If we play well and also beat UGA along the way, I would bet that our games would be broadcast on the more mainstream ESPN channels more often with later k/o times, too.

I believe we will be much better this season than last, but if we are not I am not wasting money on an extra streaming package.

As I mentioned in  another thread, ESPN+ is different from ESPN, or what they used to cal Watch ESPN.  If you have Hulu or Disney, you can do the bundle, which gives you all of it for about $14. 
I think it’s well worth the money, especially when compared with going to the game.  Plus, you can watch it on demand, if you can’t be home when it actually airs. 

Well, I guess it will be deja vu all over again for me. I remember listening to Bob Fulton and Tommy Suggs on the radio back in the 80s and 90s. I hate that it's come to this. 

Tryed calling ESPN customer service again but it obvious their call center is in India.  Can not understand what they are saying.  Looks like I'll be listening to Todd and Tommy on Saturday.  Refuse to give Disney another penny over what they are making off me now.

This will be the first time in years I will not be able to watch on TV - at least I think.  I am still kicking it old school with Direct TV.  I do get the SEC-Alt channel, but I think this is something different.  Hoping I can stream it.  If not, I will follow the game and then hopefully watch UGA (yuk) beat the taters (screw the acc).
For us out of staters, you can stream the radio feed on the Gamecocks app. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope what I saw this evening is not an indicator of our upcoming game. I decided to take in the Easter Illinois game tonight to see what we will be facing. While I'm pleased that we should be ok in terms of competition, I am concerned that ESPN+ didn't think it was necessary to include the game clock in the stream.

I hope what I saw this evening is not an indicator of our upcoming game. I decided to take in the Easter Illinois game tonight to see what we will be facing. While I'm pleased that we should be ok in terms of competition, I am concerned that ESPN+ didn't think it was necessary to include the game clock in the stream.
The coverage of that game looked like one of the players moms was holding a camcorder.

HomebrewCock  I have directv and went to the customer service. Found a person that guided me through long way to get what we want. I tested it and was able to get sec+. Go to watchespn and it will get you on correct page, take the first option and follow steps. It was a chore but it worked for me. If it doesn't work just call directv and insist that you should be getting + and be  persistent.

Thanks Jr.  I am pretty sure I get the WatchESPN.  I will try it this week with some games.  I have watched our baseball team on Watch this past season.

ESPN+ is a subscription service. Many of the women's basketball games will be on ESPN+. I pay for it as part of the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ package for like $14/month.

With that said, I am 99% certain that for those of you who have SEC Network as part of your cable package will be able to log into the ESPN website or app and link your cable provider to their streaming service to watch SECN+ for no extra charge. In the past that is how it worked for me with my YouTubeTV subscription and I'm fairly certain that's how it works for any cable provider.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it is part of the current deal with ESPN that at a minimum one game each season for each SEC team will be shown through ESPN+

The coverage of that game looked like one of the players moms was holding a camcorder.

If the ESPN+ is done anything like how SEC+ games are done, those SEC+ games (for any sports) are streamed by home teams, using their home media staff, including their regular radio broadcasters, etc. So if it's done like that, it just could be that Indiana State's FB program (it was played at their home venue) isn't that well staffed or equipped. If it's done like that, then we should have much better production quality for our games. I hope that is - I do not remember a football game being broadcast on SEC+....

I'm hoping, but doubtful that it will air on Youtube TV. I have ESPN Plus, but their apps are clunky sometimes. Rewinding and fussing about missed calls and opportunities isn't as seamless as it is with Youtube TV lol.

If the ESPN+ is done anything like how SEC+ games are done, those SEC+ games (for any sports) are streamed by home teams, using their home media staff, including their regular radio broadcasters, etc. So if it's done like that, it just could be that Indiana State's FB program (it was played at their home venue) isn't that well staffed or equipped. If it's done like that, then we should have much better production quality for our games. I hope that is - I do not remember a football game being broadcast on SEC+....
I'm watching it now and the play by play guy is okay, but the color guy is just like "wooooooo, he as some wiggles", "He's showing up to play tonight", "WoooooOOOOOAAAoo",  "They gotta block..... But their not.", and "Dem Boy's going backwards"