Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruiting notes of the day

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Dec. 18, 2023, per SPORTSTALK

Gamecock fans are still waiting on Vanderbilt transfer QB AJ Swann to go public with his declaration to the Gamecocks. Swann visited USC last week and Sunday national reporters stated he planned to join the Gamecock program. But a source this afternoon said Swann may end up at LSU, his mother’s preference.  The Gamecocks also had Texas transfer QB Maalik Murphy in for a visit over the weekend between stops at Duke and Oregon State. And former Arkansas quarterback KJ Jefferson could now come into play for the Gamecocks. He has connections with assistant coaches Justin Stepp and Dowell Loggains. The source also said committed Vanderbilt transfer receiver Jayden McGown may be rethinking things due to a better NIL offer from Boston College. The Gamecocks also await news from Texas Tech OT Monroe Mills who visited over the weekend, Texas A&M transfer DT LT Overton who visited last week before visiting Alabama and WR Debron Gatling of Alpharetta, GA, a former Texas A&M commitment who visited USC for the Kentucky game weekend.

Dec. 18, 2023, per SPORTSTALK

Gamecock fans are still waiting on Vanderbilt transfer QB AJ Swann to go public with his declaration to the Gamecocks. Swann visited USC last week and Sunday national reporters stated he planned to join the Gamecock program. But a source this afternoon said Swann may end up at LSU, his mother’s preference.  The Gamecocks also had Texas transfer QB Maalik Murphy in for a visit over the weekend between stops at Duke and Oregon State. And former Arkansas quarterback KJ Jefferson could now come into play for the Gamecocks. He has connections with assistant coaches Justin Stepp and Dowell Loggains. The source also said committed Vanderbilt transfer receiver Jayden McGown may be rethinking things due to a better NIL offer from Boston College. The Gamecocks also await news from Texas Tech OT Monroe Mills who visited over the weekend, Texas A&M transfer DT LT Overton who visited last week before visiting Alabama and WR Debron Gatling of Alpharetta, GA, a former Texas A&M commitment who visited USC for the Kentucky game weekend.
I thought these guys were already officially in? That's not the case?

I guess a commitment means nothing as far a portal player goes. I taught that QB was coming here. They said he committed.
I figured the competition would be tough to beat Sellers, but he could try. Maybe he was afraid he could not out play Sellers, so he decided to go elsewhere.
I understand wanting to have an experienced QB on the roster in case Sellers gets hurt, but trying to get a good experienced QB to come play second string will not be easy. Glad we do have a good freshman coming onboard.

Swann chose LSU, reports are he wanted to come here but his mom made the final decision. McGown has been offered more $ by BC. Coaches need to keep working, even with the haul so far. We have some decent players headed in, but are sorely lacking at the WR position with play makers and quality depth. OL hasn't been addresssed at all for some reason.