Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ranked #10 in the SEC (Recruiting)

GCF Staff Support

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
I know... I know... Stars and Rankings don't mean anything, but to be out-recruited by 9 other schools in OUR conference is crazy.

USC was the 3rd best team in the SEC behind Auburn and Alabama...but are being out recruited by 7 other teams....

Winning doesn't translate to better recruiting for some reason.

Georgia has the same amount of recruits but their recruits are higher ranked

Some of the schools like tennesee and kentucky have the availability to play NOW...but these others are no different than us.

Where are the CB's????
Where are the WR's????

Your reference is about as meaningful as national rankings after Game 8 during the season or the score if/when we find ourselves trailing early in the 4th Quarter ... it ain't over.

We may well 'pick one off' or make some other heroic play ... we need to wait until Feb 6th to comment and it'll be at least next season before we can judge. Where everyone 'ranks' at the moment doesn't mean too much IMHO. After all, Clem5on was ranked 3rd in the nation fairly deep into the season when they ran into Florida State and we rolled 'em pretty good the week we played 'em, as well. 'Bama seemed all but untouchable until they had to play Auburn - then Oklahoma rocked 'em.

So what if someone needs something to write about 'today' . .. today's not game-day. Patience, we're targeting some pretty good players ... and the one's we have are good ones.

They said it about 'Bear' Bryant and now they say it about Steve Spurrier: " ... he can take his and beat yours or take yours and beat his." Have some faith. MANY of these incoming 'stars' will wash-out, they always do; while a few lightly recruited players will develop into TRUE 'stars'. Rivals and ESPN and 247 and all the others are simply 'predicting'. It's a crap shoot. Just my
default_twocents.gif

Totally agree with Featheredcock. I couldn't be more pleased with this class and that pleasure will definitely be bourne out on the fiels in future years. Add Green, Lammons, and Wideman to this class and it's one of the best we've ever had. Quality from top to bottom to suit our needs, not the needs of the idiots who rank recruiting classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I really want to see is how the class meets our needs position by position.

Sure, teams that recruit a lot of skill players are going to have a better rating than us.  That's the way it's scored.

But I, for one, am going to trust the coaching staff that has led us to the #4 ranking in the country ON the field.

And especially so when they haven't peaked yet.