Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll POLL OF THE WEEK: USC now is Bowl eligible next up at Florida can USC beat the Gators?

Poll

Can the Gamecocks beat Florida next Saturday?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
USC is now Bowl-eligible after defeating Vanderbilt next up on Saturday will be on the road vs. Florida. The question can USC beat the Gators? The offense had life the scored 38 to Vanderbilts' 27. But Gamecock's defense looked like it has issues dealing with the run game and also trouble with defending the pass. Bend don't break had let us say some breaks. Will have to do better next Saturday facing off with Florida.

So are poll questions can the Gamecocks beat Florida next Saturday?
Yes
No
Maybe
Don't know

Florida beat a Texas A&M team that had 19 players out due to the flu.

Am I hoping the Florida Gators maybe catch the flu from some of the Texas A&M guys?

I bring up the point to say that the Aggies were far from full strength and Florida's defense isn't great. TAMU was in that game until halftime but just ran out of gas.

We can beat them - especially if our offense can execute as well as they did against Vandy.

Florida does have a qb that can run also and we’re not good at stopping it. Our D needs to improve from the Vandy game. IF their D is suspect I hope our play calling pays to their weaknesses. We cannot have another penalty prone game. This is probably our best chance of the 3 for another win. But it’s on the road…we will see. Too many variables, I see as a maybe.

Maybe. Hopefully we come up with a defense for the mobile dual threat QB. Will we keep up with the creative play calling? Maybe.

Big game, program building game recruiting wise in the swamp... Any SEC road win is tough one but this team seems to answer adversity well. If we can make them throw the ball, minimize the big run plays by the QB on 3rd down and win the turnover battle we have a shot...

I voted maybe because it all depends on which team shows up. Our D needs to start making tackles and our O needs better line play, With that said, if we play to the potential I've seen we can win.

We barely beat Vandy last year and nobody thought we could beat the Gators, but then it happened.

We got bowl-eligible last year with the win over Florida, but few people thought we could beat Florida for different reasons.

Florida is better under Napier this year than they were last year, but so are we.

I would like to see Lembo's guys turn it up and make a difference in this game. Find a way.

Can we win? Yes. We can win any game on the schedule, given the right circumstances.

Will we win? I hope so, but am less confident in making that declaration.

It all comes down to how we handle Richardson. He can be inconsistent in the passing game. However, he can beat you with his legs. If he plays well we'll have outscore them. Hopefully, Lloyd will play and we can keep the big guy off the field.

Looks to be about the same spread of choices as it was for the Vandy game; a toss-up that we can either win or lose.