Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pawl Finnebaum Show Today

dreammachine

Fanatics Cash
Well, the "Penis With Ears - Pawl Finnebaum" made a lot of excuses for Jawja today by saying everything but the right thing!  Jake Fromm played his worst game, Kirby Smart did not have his best coaching game, Jawja had every chance in the world to win the game - but didn't!!!  I don't thing Finnebaum once stated that USC did just enough to do what needed to be done to win - on the road - against the #3 Team In The Nation.  I don't know what it takes to get some respect on his show, but he is clearly an "Alabama Homer" and totally against USC and does not think much of our team or our Coach!!!

All the big talk was of "Hot Rod" missing the FG.  Well, if memory serves me correctly - Parker White missed one that would have won the game for us also.  Nothing was ever said about the pass interference at the end of the game where the ball was most definitely not a "catchable ball".  Our defender did have a little hold on the jersey, but you could call that type of penalty on every play as every DB in the nation holds on pass plays and every receiver pushes off as much as he can.  To make that call at the end of the game - where you can most definitely change or alter the outcome is usually not done by a intelligent ref unless the ball was "catchable and the receiver got mugged"!  Jawja had their chances to win the game, I will give them that, but I will also say that if Ryan Hillinski did not get hurt and have to come out of the game - USC puts another 7 to 10 points on Jawja.

The University of South Carolina Beat The University of Jawja and they cannot accept the facts!!!  Jawja Fans (I live close to these morons) think that they are always better than Alabama - or whoever is the best team in the nation.  They never get beat, but only lose the game because they "gave it away" and whoever they played did not deserve to be on the same field with them!!!

Pawl Finnebaum and the University of Jawja are both "Dingle Berries" and are the biggest bunch of "La-La-Losers In The SEC Today"!!!

No one wants to admit USC Defense shut their O down. But I know how they did it and I want to air out a peeve...

I am sick about the talk about Joyner. He got some completions. He got some first downs. But the absolute most important thing Joyner did was burn clock.

Did he go score winning points? Not until the second OT. What he did was give our D just enough time on the bench to keep performing their stellar performance. I am telling you, had Joyner had 3 and outs, the D would not have been able to keep going. 6 of the 16 1st downs were while Joyner was leading the show. He was only 6 of 12 passing (50%) for 39 yards (6.5 avg.) but he also ran 6 times for 28 yards (4.7 avg.). 67 of 292 yards (5.6 avg. per play) were because of Joyner. Rico only had 83 yards on 21 attempts (3.8 avg.)

I am tired of hearing "Had Hilinski been in". Why don't some people give Joyner credit for helping us win this game. Maybe we would have scored more with Ryan, but we still won with Joyner. He did what we needed him to do without even getting a bunch of practice before hand.

Rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
Finnebaum has never liked SC in the SEC from the day they announced we were joining the conference. He’s a tool and still holds the grudges from almost 30 years ago.

Finebaum says what he says to troll folks into responding, either by calling his radio show or discussing his comments in social media, and he knows he has two fan bases coming at the game from opposite directions will both get riled up by those comments. It's worked well for him for a lot of years.

The call on Jammie Robinson at the end of regulation was defensive holding, I think, and not PI. PI depends on whether a pass is catchable, but holding does not. The problem that I had with that call (and I admit it is certainly homerish) is that, were the shoe on the other foot, I didn't think at that moment a GA DB would've been called for the same penalty. Perhaps I was wrong, though, because GA was called for PI on our last regulation drive which kept what could've been a game-winning drive alive.

I thought the Bama game was more partisan in its officiating, although it really had very little impact on the game... Markaway (I think) was called for the holding that brought back our fake FG TD. It was a legit call, but there were several BLATANT uncalled holds by Bama OL during the game that gave Tagovailoa extra time in the pocket (hooks from behind, grabbing jerseys and even one play where one of our DL would have had his pads pulled completely over his head had his chin strap not been fully buckled). I was going nuts and a Bama friend kept texting me, "yeah, but holding can be called on every play." True, but it seemed like the "misses" disproportionately favored Bama. But looking back at the stats, they got flagged 11 times for 92 yards, and we had 5 penalties for 32 in that game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a hold not pass interference on that play in the endzone 

I look at Paul Finebaum like a shock jock. I think he gets paid to make people mad. I think he is the way he is on purpose. I don't care for him at all, but I think he does what he does because it pays good. He'd hate on his own mom if it paid good.

I've always wondered how that guy got the show and celebrity that he has.  His show is horrible.  I listened to it a few times thinking there has to be more than this for this thing to be on the radio, but there is not and I could not listen to that crap any more.  

I will have to say that the "SEC Show - Marty & McGhee" gave us a lot of love today on their show.  They stated for a fact that USC beat UGA because our defense made the stops when we had to make them and just outplayed them and also out-coached them!!!  They gave Coach Muschamp a lot of praise for seeing something different about GA's - D-Line and using it against them in the game.  That's just good coaching!!!

Also, the "holding on USC DB ON THE LAST PLAY OF REGULATION" still should not have been called as the ball was not "catchable" and that was also stated by the SEC Announcers".  It's funny that they never showed a replay of that terrible call - after the initial call???  You just don't call a penalty like that in a game that is this big and especially if the ball was not a catchable ball.  Game should have ended on that and yet a ref who needs a lot more time in the classroom to study the "do's and don't s" of how to call a proper game - could have cost USC a chance at a victory here.  If it had been a play where the receiver might have had a chance to catch the ball and it was solid holding - then of course throw the flag.  It was not a catchable ball and if a ref wanted to call "tick - tack - holding on a DB" - it would be called in 90% of all thrown balls as they hold and the receivers "push off as much as they can".

Finebaum has been around for quite awhile. He's one of those commentators that people either love or hate.  I used to listen to his radio show several years ago. However, I realized I could actually  feel my IQ dropping. I love college football, but I try not to listen to any of the call-in shows. Everybody is an expert these days. Nobody really knows what's going to happen and that is what makes college football great. 

Finnebaum has never liked SC in the SEC from the day they announced we were joining the conference. He’s a tool and still holds the grudges from almost 30 years ago.
Remember first time here when he was covering Bama before moving on to the national scene.  He can be an ASS. 

It was a hold not pass interference on that play in the endzone 
They called it holding so the uncatchable ball didn’t matter.  You’ll see this often in NFL and college when refs throw a flag and realize PI can’t be called but don’t want to pick up the flag for whatever reason.  The replay shows it should be PI or nothing. 

Remember first time here when he was covering Bama before moving on to the national scene.  He can be an ASS. 
He was really critical of our basketball team a few years ago when we made the tournament.  He didn’t think we deserved to be there and made his opinion loudly known.  I always took exception to that considering we are an SEC team and he’s the face of the SEC network.  Nonetheless he got to wear egg on his face all the way to the Final Four.  

They called it holding so the uncatchable ball didn’t matter.  You’ll see this often in NFL and college when refs throw a flag and realize PI can’t be called but don’t want to pick up the flag for whatever reason.  The replay shows it should be PI or nothing. 
Big difference between holding and DPI. Holding is before the ball is thrown and crosses the line of scrimmage

PF is attempting to portray himself as a national correspondent.  He is speaking to a national audience who see nothing except for the highlights that back his commentary.  It’s all narrative, what everybody knows......that everybody knows.  Georgia was a national contender on the national stage.  It’s all about presenting them about what went wrong on the day for them.  Who inflicted the defeat is of no consequence to the national audience.  All this is now is a team with one defeat still in the hunt for the playoffs.

Denny Crane

Big difference between holding and DPI. Holding is before the ball is thrown and crosses the line of scrimmage
I understand there is a significant difference, however that doesn't mean what I said isn't true.  Go watch games and pay attention how many holding calls are used on possible PI plays when the ball is uncatchable.  It is something I have seen as a coach and as a fan.