Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paris moves quickly for Gamecocks first 2025 commitment

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Paris moves quickly for Gamecocks first 2025 commitment

SPORTSTALK / September 26, 2023
1695769699597.pngSeventeen days ago, 6-8 Hayden Assemian of Powdersville made an unofficial visit to USC to visit with head coach Lamont Paris and his staff and take in the football game that night with Furman. Two days later he announced an offer from the Gamecocks. Saturday he was back in Columbia for another unofficial visit. Tuesday, he completed the recruiting cycle by announcing a commitment to Paris becoming his first pledge for the 2025 class.

Assemian said after his visit earlier this month that he was favoring the Gamecocks. He said then he liked everything he saw on his visit and the type of program Paris is establishing.

‘They could tell I really enjoyed being around them, and I did enjoy it down there,” Assemian said earlier this month. “The culture down there, and I’m from here too, so I can understand. I grew up with South Carolina and Clemson. They could tell I really enjoyed it. I’ve grown up with South Carolina and Clemson, so knowing that I have the opportunity to play at one of those schools that I’ve grown up around is huge for me. They are in a really good conference and play really good teams.”

Assemian said from his conversations with Paris, the coach likes the fact he plays all over the floor.

“I’m a positionless player,” Assemian said. “I play with a high motor and get every rebound. He offers guys that he knows that can help him in, so he believes that I can come to the Gamecocks and make an impact immediately.”

Assemian played last season at Greenville Legacy Early College before transferring back to Powdersville. As a freshman at Powdersville, he averaged 15 points and 11 rebounds per game.

Assemian also has offers from Western Carolina, Appalachian State, Hampton and George Mason. He was also drawing recruiting interest from Clemson. This past summer he also made unofficial visits to Tennessee and Furman.