Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ortre Smith enters the portal

Smith has battled health issues throughout college and saw limited playing time this season. He has one catch for 15 yards in 2021. He played against Troy on Saturday and was targeted once in the end zone.

The Wando High School standout was a four-star recruit and a Top 130 national prospect when he signed to play for the Gamecocks under Will Muschamp in the 2017 class.

I remember when Ore'Tre joined the team back in 2017. I thought he had the potential to be another Alshon. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. It seems like he's been injured for most of his time with the Gamecocks. I don't know how much eligibly he has left, but transferring in the middle of the season seems like a long shot to me. I hope it works out for him.  Does anyone know if this is his last year? If he has one more year after this one I guess it makes more sense. This reminds me of Randrecous Davis. It seems like he's been there for ten years, but has yet to see the field in a game.  I guess staying healthy is a big part of college football success no matter how many stars are by a players's name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when Ore'Tre joined the team back in 2017. I thought he had the potential to be another Alshon. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. It seems like he's been injured for most of his time with the Gamecocks. I don't know how much eligibly he has left, but transferring in the middle of the season seems like a long shot to me. I hope it works out for him.  Does anyone know if this is his last year? If he has one more year after this one I guess it makes more sense. This reminds me of Randrecous Davis. It seems like he's been there for ten years, but has yet to see the field in a game.  I guess staying healthy is a big part of college football success no matter how many stars are by a players's name.
Well I stand corrected. I did some research and Davis has played in several games. He has twelve catches since 2016 and a touchdown in 2018.