Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open NCAA case??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
I heard them on 107.5 yesterday interviewing someone about possibly hiring Hugh Friese for the AUB vacancy.

The person mentioned AUB hiring Bruce Pearl despite his NCAA trouble and then they paralleled our recent hiring situation saying we might not have risked bringing Friese in because of our open MBB NCAA incident.

Has the NCAA bribery investigation regarding us not been closed out yet?

Maybe the football team could just ban itself from a bowl game this year and everyone calls it even?

Last I saw, we received the Notice of Allegations back in February or March. At the time there wasn't a timetable for the NCAA's adjudication of this case. They might have decided on a date/time for the hearing by now, but I haven't seen anything suggesting this. I would imagine that Covid has caused a delay in this case. FWIW, Oklahoma State's case was very similar to ours and they received a postseason ban for this year and reduction of scholarships by 3 for the next 3 years. We can probably expect a similar punishment.

I don't recall anything ongoing related to FB.  Did some searching and can only find something from last year that involved a coach making impermissible contact with a sophomore recruit.  It was dealt with and punishment handed out.  Can't find anything new.  MBB was sent notice in Jan of a level 1 violation related to the whole Evans bribery thing.  That's ongoing still I think and possibly a federal investigation too.

I believe that the FBI investigation is complete. They've had 2 trials already and were scheduled for a third, but the defendants pleaded guilty in the third. There might be more trials though. It's my understanding that the NCAA waited until they got a green light from the FBI to start investigating the schools.

Last I saw, we received the Notice of Allegations back in February or March. At the time there wasn't a timetable for the NCAA's adjudication of this case. They might have decided on a date/time for the hearing by now, but I haven't seen anything suggesting this. I would imagine that Covid has caused a delay in this case. FWIW, Oklahoma State's case was very similar to ours and they received a postseason ban for this year and reduction of scholarships by 3 for the next 3 years. We can probably expect a similar punishment.
I agree.  There must be some type of punishment heading our way if the thing is still open with the NCAA.

The NCAA may be waiting to see if Tanner will remain our AD and/or what is going happen overall with this season.

There would be no point in issuing a post-season ban if they know there is not going to be a post-season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.