Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O-Line in 2014...

GCF Staff Support

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
I just read the article about Robinson, Cann, and Shell returning next year. With Ronald Patrick completing his eligibility, obviously we'll have one spot to fill, but I'm curious about even more than that. It seems like we have some guys waiting in the wings who may have major potential while others who are back-ups currently might get shuffled back a little bit. I'm not asking this in order to rip anyone or ruffle any feathers, I'm just curious.

Right now, Cody Gibson is the backup right tackle and it seems that he does OK when he's in there. Zandi is the backup left tackle, but I don't really see him ever being the starter there. Will Sport is the backup right guard, but again I don't really see him being the starter there next year.

How do you think the depth chart is going to play out?

At center, if Waldrop is going to be the man, then I'd guess Clayton Stadnik will move over to guard and Alan Knott would be the backup center. Do you agree?

I'm curious if Mike Matulis ever regains the weight and form to play a significant role?

Na'Ty Rodgers is listed as a tackle but worked at guard this year I think when injuries hit the line. Might he be the backup to Corey Robinson next year at left tackle or is there another young guy to fill that role?

I don't know much about how DJ Park and Bryce King did this year at practice. Does anyone know how the staff sees their role in the future? King could be the back-up at guard, but Brock Stadnik is already there and he may be in the running for the right tackle spot too.

It wouldn't make sense for Stanley or Young to have to play next season with all the depth we appear to have now. A year in the weight program would pay dividends for them in the future.

Are there any others I've missed?

I dont think Clayton Stadnick has the size to play OG (and Will Sport looked like a munchkin against UT)

I expect Naty to fill Patrick's position; though it'd be great if he could play OT instead

so many prospects on the inside; so few OTs being developed

I dont think Clayton Stadnick has the size to play OG (and Will Sport looked like a munchkin against UT)

I expect Naty to fill Patrick's position; though it'd be great if he could play OT instead

so many prospects on the inside; so few OTs being developed
Waldrop is much bigger than C Stadnik. Maybe he slides over to right guard and Clayton is the full time center next year? I know I don't see what Elliott sees, but I didn't see Clayton as a weakness at all when he was in there. I thought he played really well. I'd like to see Rodgers and Park remain at tackle if possible.