Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris Ugusuk and Okku Federiko commit to the Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Morris Ugusuk and Okku Federiko commit to the Gamecocks
April 27, 2023

1682623881803.pngCoach Paris Thursday gained commitments from Finnish teammates 6-4 Morris Ugusuk and 6-9 Okku Federiko of the Omnia Basketball Academy in Helsinki. Ugusuk said he will be part of the 2023 class. Federiko will be part of the 2024 class.

Ugusuk is a point guard who also had offers from Pitt, Oklahoma State, and Duquesne. He averaged 9.5 points and 4.3 assists per game in 30 games playing in the Finland-1st Division A and the EYBL Under 20.

Federiko is a power forward whose brother plays for Pitt. The Panthers, Syracuse, and Duquesne also offered him. He averaged 9 points and 8 rebounds per game this season in 12 games in the Finland-1st Division A and the EYBL Under 20. The pair visited South Carolina twice, most recently for official visits in late March. “The coaching staff was awesome,” Ugusuk wrote in a DM about what stood out the most to him on the trip.

Ugusuk gives the Gamecocks six newcomers for their 2023 class, and Federiko is their first commitment for the 2024 class.

Redshirt commitment is an interesting use of scholarship. I’m really curious how Coach Paris sees Ugusuk developing and how he will utilize him at USC. It’s an intriguing get, and one which I’ll be watching closely.
I'm curious to see how well he transitions to college basketball too. It was hard to really tell much from the couple of clips I saw on Twitter. It reminded me of Seventh Woods' SCISA highlights. It looked like he and Federiko were playing against competition well below their talent level. I'll trust Coach Paris though...if he wants them, that's good enough for me.