Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike Leach in the hospital

Based on the last update from the miss st site, the family will be flying in today and tomorrow. He’s definitely in a critical “at best” situation based on everything I’ve read, please put the coach and his family in your prayers this morning

just saw that according to the Clarion Ledger he had a massive heart attack and went 10-15 minutes without medical care...the aritcle claimed that they used a defibrillator to shock him into rhythm (so maybe Afib unless they are using defibrillate as a term for anytype of shock)...the article said that even if he recovers he may have had seizures etc due to lack of blood to brain...all that being said it sounds really bad and I don't think he will recover (at least that is what the article led me to believe)

just saw that according to the Clarion Ledger he had a massive heart attack and went 10-15 minutes without medical care...the aritcle claimed that they used a defibrillator to shock him into rhythm (so maybe Afib unless they are using defibrillate as a term for anytype of shock)...the article said that even if he recovers he may have had seizures etc due to lack of blood to brain...all that being said it sounds really bad and I don't think he will recover (at least that is what the article led me to believe)
Who knows what they mean by down for 10-15 min or what actually happened so I hate to speculate. That being said, if he was in arrest for that long, chances are he won’t come off the vent.

Last edited:
Who knows what they mean by down for 10-15 min or what actually happened sonInhate to speculate. That being said, if he was in arrest for that long, chances are we won’t come off the vent.
agreed on all points...it ain't good either way!

Read that he had one last charitable act and hus family donated his organs. RIP Coach Leach 🙏 what a character, he will be missed! His coaching tree and influence on the game is quite extraordinary...

Read that he had one last charitable act and hus family donated his organs. RIP Coach Leach 🙏 what a character, he will be missed! His coaching tree and influence on the game is quite extraordinary...
well said! I am an organ donor as well and that gift will live on for generations!