Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelsey Griffin Elite DL trims list (thread)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
4 star Kelsey Griffin 6'2" 297lbs has taken his time with the process, played things close to the vest, but he is now ready to release his favorites in order. He may not be far from making a decision and you can get the latest here.

"I took my time with everything, I visited a lot of schools, I talked things over with my parents, and I have narrowed my list down to five schools," Kelsey Griffin.

"Georgia is number one, then it is South Carolina, Florida, Florida State, and Auburn. I am pretty sure I will be committing to one of those schools when I make my decision."

Griffin originally thought he would be taking official visits before making his decision, but that may not be the case anymore.

"I am just going to commit when I am ready. I think I am closer than I thought I would be, but I am still not sure which school it will be yet. If I need to take official visits, then I will, but if I am ready this summer, I will commit then."

The 6-foot-2, 297 pound interior defensive lineman out of Hoschton (Ga.) Mill Creek would like to visit three of his finalists in the near future.

"I may be over at Georgia for another visit this weekend and I will be visiting Florida and Florida State this week or next week. I want to get around the coaches again and see the schools again."

Being around the coaches and in the different environments will be big for Griffin. He is looking for somewhere that he is very comfortable.

"I want to go to a school that I feel is my home away from home," Griffin said. "I could be at this place for the next three or four years, so I want to be comfortable. I want to feel good around the coaches, I want to feel good on the campus, and just have the comfortable feeling."

defensive tackle and no. 101 overall prospect in the country according to Scout.com.

link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1199617.html

Scouts bio

Rivals bio

247sports bio

Griffin to take another look at favorites

4 star DL Kelsey Griffin 6'2" 297lbs of Hochston, GA plans to get back to see at least four of his final five before making a decision. Griffin is down to Georgia, USC, Florida, Florida State and Auburn in that order. He said Georgia's lead on USC is not all that great. "I like Georgia because they fit my profile right now," Griffin said. "They've got a little bit of a lead." Griffin said he's communicated recently with USC recruiter GA Mangus thru Facebook. He plans to visit Georgia, Florida and Florida State within the next two weeks, and he's planning to attend USC's Showcase Camp later this month. Griffin said he has no idea when he'll make up his mind. "I'm just working on a decision," he said. link http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120705/PSPORTS02/120709799/-1/PSPORTS

Scouts bio

Rivals bio

247sports bio

UGA leads for Griffin after Dawg night

Per ESPN

ESPN 150 defensive lineman Kelsey Griffin recently named the University of Georgia his leader, but he wasn’t quite ready to pull the trigger Friday at Dawg Night. Still, the Georgia native enjoyed his time in Athens and the Bulldogs remain at the top of his list.

“I didn’t do any drills this year,” Griffin said. “I just watched this year. I enjoyed myself. I thought it was way better and better put together than last year. It changed a little bit, and it was more fun than last year.”

For Griffin, his top five still consists of Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia and South Carolina with the Bulldogs on top. He plans to visit South Carolina on Monday.

Is he closer to making a decision after Friday?

“Maybe. It may be next month, I don’t know. I haven’t really decided.”

USC in top five for Griffin

DL Kelsey Griffin of Hoschton, GA has Georgia, USC, Florida, Florida State and Auburn as hit top five in that order. Georgia's lead appears to be growing. "Yeah, they're pretty out front with me," he admitted. "I just feel comfortable there." Griffin visited Georgia recently and plans to visit USC in the next two weeks. "I'm going to try to get to South Carolina either this week or the next," Griffin said. He does not have plans to take all five official visits but is unsure of a commitment date. "I'm taking things slowly and don't want to rush anything," he said.

link: http://www.goupstate...9812/-1/PSPORTS

Last edited by a moderator:
DL Kelsey Griffin of Hoschton, GA is down to USC and Georgia giving a slight edge to the Bulldogs. "It just feels like home," Griffin said. "I really like the chemistry there." Griffin has not planned any future trips but said that USC and UGA are the only schools he will visit. When asked if he would take official visits to the two schools, he responded, "Probably". Griffin is also closing in on a commitment. "I don't have an exact date but it's going to be pretty soon," he said. link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120808/PSPORTS02/120809703/-1/PSPORTS